The ACT Government’s annual Sport and Recreation Grants Program is once again open for the year 2019, with a pool of $2.4 million available for local organisations to drive community participation in sport and active recreation.
Last year, the ACT Government supported 60 organisations through the program ensuring that Canberrans are enabled to engage in sport and active recreation and the local industry can improve its ability to provide diverse, sustainable and equitable activities.
The Sports and Recreation Grants Program includes six categories:
- Women’s Sport and Recreation Participation and Leadership Program to support education and training activities that enhance participation opportunities for women and girls in the ACT and the abilities for women to take on leadership roles in the sector.
- Motor Sports Training and Education Program to support education and training activities that enhance the experiences and safety of motorsports participants, develops volunteer capacity, improves facility management or increased club capacity and sustainability.
- Sport and Recreation Operational Program designed to subsidise operational costs to assist eligible peak body organisations to work in partnership with Active Canberra to develop participation opportunities.
- Community Sport and Recreation Development Program to provide financial assistance for outcome-based projects, programs and initiatives to support participation in active lifestyles for all Canberra.
- Capital Assistance Program to provide financial assistance for capital developments to sport and recreation facilities that will assist to increase community access and equitable participation opportunities.
- Inclusive Participation Funding Program to increase participation opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally and linguistically diverse people, older adults and people with a disability.
This is the second year that the program will include specific funding for Women’s Sport and Recreation Participation and Leadership, and Motor Sports Training and Education, following the introduction of these programs announced in 2017.
The program also funds the development of women’s leadership in sport, which is supported by the ACT Budget 2018-19 commitment to back Canberra’s female athletes and provide girls and women with positive role models for active living.
For more information and to apply, click here.