Thinking of updating your look? A trip to your local barber can help you achieve a sleek, on-trend haircut that flatters your features and is easy to maintain.
Barbering is an art in itself — one that isn’t necessarily easy to master though. To help you find the right barber in the Queanbeyan region, we conducted thorough research and chatted with the locals.
In this article, you’ll find three top-notch barbers in Queanbeyan that are truly setting the standard — both in terms of quality of service and dedication to customer experience.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What makes an excellent barber?
Even if you’ve been to the barbershop more than a hundred times, it can be difficult to decipher what, specifically, separates the excellent from the so-so. We suggest keeping an eye out for the following traits:
- Trained and experienced barbers. Barbering is not something that can be mastered overnight. It’s an art form that requires years of training and on-the-job experience.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends. It’s not all about a short-back-and-sides’ do. If you’re looking to experiment with your appearance, seek out a barber that keeps up with the latest in hairstyling trends.
- Quality products. If you’re hoping to pick up styling gel, mousse, or shampoo on your visit to the barber, be sure you select a barbershop that uses high-quality products. That way, you can enjoy healthy, shiny, well-behaved hair long after you’ve left.
- Friendly staff. A trip to the barber is an opportunity to kick back and relax. The best haircutters are friendly and sociable, so you can enjoy yourself from the moment you set foot inside the shop.
- Competitive rates. No one likes overpaying for a service, and it’s no secret that haircuts can be pricey. Look for a barber that charges a fair rate for the quality of his service.
The top barbers in Queanbeyan according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
It’s time to reveal which barbershops in Queanbeyan are preferred by the locals. Let’s go.
The Elite Barbershop
Extremely popular among the locals, Elite Barbershop provides a comprehensive range of top quality barber services, including haircuts, beard trims and traditional hot towel shaves. Carried out by professional, dedicated barbers, the affordable services at Elite truly are some of the best in the business.
Andrew Wheeldon wrote on Facebook, "Steve and the team leave nothing to be desired! Great atmosphere, service and quality cuts!"
Tony’s Queanbeyan Hairdressing Salon
The team behind Tony’s Queanbeyan Hairdressing Salon are talented barbers that deliver superb service time and time again. Each barber takes the time to understand what it is, precisely, his client wants. They then go above and beyond to ensure total satisfaction.
Century Barber Queanbeyan
Boasting old-school charm, Century Barber Queanbeyan is a welcoming, comfortable barbershop situated in the Riverside Plaza. Offering the full gamut of barbershop services — from beard trims to haircuts — Century Barber Queanbeyan delivers exceptional services for prices that won’t break the bank.
Your experience with barbers in Queanbeyan
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Did we get it right? Or did we miss your go-to barber in Queanbeyan? Share your thoughts and feedback in the comments area below for our readers to check out.