Having access to a reliable, well-stocked chemist is an absolute must, especially since the majority of us visit the chemist on a regular basis.
With everything from prescription medication to makeup, giftware and hair care, chemists are one-stop-shops for many essential products. That’s why location is key. No one wants to waste their time driving through traffic to visit the chemist. Instead, we want complete convenience.
To help make your life a little easier, we’ve put together a list of the top chemists located in Canberra’s city centre. So, drop in after work and avoid the extra travel time.
What Makes a Reliable City Chemist?
Keep an eye out for the following traits when deciding which city chemist to visit:
- A stellar product range. Who said chemists are only useful for medical needs? The best city chemists in Canberra stock everything from beauty and haircare, to gifts and baby products.
- A central location. I am sure you’ll agree with us when we say that convenience is essential. There’s no use driving through traffic or suffering through crowded public transport to visit the chemist.
- Excellent, compassionate staff. From the floor staff to the pharmacists, the very best city chemists in Canberra are run by a professional, proactive, and compassionate team of individuals, dedicated to the health and satisfaction of their customers.
- Additional medical services. Alongside the stellar product range, the top chemists provide a variety of additional medical services. This might include blood pressure monitoring, diabetes specialists, a pathologists office, and more.
- Fairly priced. While parking and restaurants tend to be a little more expensive in the city centre, chemists should not. Look for a chemist that offers fantastic products at competitive prices.
The 4 Best City Chemists in Canberra
After conducting some local research, we have come up with this group of the four best city chemists in beautiful Canberra.
1. Bounce Pharmacy
Well located in the Upper Food Hall of Canberra Centre, the boutique Bounce Pharmacy is a convenient chemist, stocking the latest in health and wellness. Offering a specialist range of beauty products, Bounce Pharmacy is a firm favourite among Canberra residents.
Alongside their competitive range of medications, Bounce offers a comprehensive array of healthcare services, including medication packing, blood pressure monitoring, and the National Diabetes Services Scheme.
Drop in 7 days a week and discover an exciting beauty section, complete with brands such as Becca, Bite Beauty, Nails Inc. and more.
2. City Market Chemist
Situated on Level G of the Canberra Centre Mall, City Market Chemist is an easy-to-find, central pharmacy option. Open 7 days a week, you’ll find the latest and greatest in health and beauty.
The staff at City Market Chemist are some of the best in the business. With a commitment to professionalism, you can rest easy knowing their medical advice is independent and trustworthy.
3. Chemist on Northbourne
A great pick if you are looking for an after-hours chemist (open 7 days, 8am until 11pm), Chemist on Northbourne is located on the corner of Alinga St and Northbourne Ave.
Offering a comprehensive stock of prescription and over-the-counter medication, plus the leading health and beauty brands, you’ll find everything you need at Chemist on Northbourne. And, if you’re not sure what you need, the dedicated team are more than happy to answer your questions and concerns.
4. Develin’s City Chemist
On Garema Place, right by Canberra Central, you will find Develin’s City Chemist. Open 7 days a week (with shortened opening hours on Sunday), this chemist is a top option if you work right in the centre of town.
Passionate about healthcare, the team at Develin’s are happy to assist with anything you might need.
Your Favourite Chemist in Canberra’s City Centre
Where do you go for healthcare in Canberra’s city centre? Share your experiences in the comments section below. We love to read your feedback.