With so many variables at play, planning an event can be a real struggle. From guest lists and catering companies to venues, DJs, and floristry, every last detail counts. And that’s why so many people choose to work with a trusted event planner.
An event planner takes the stress out of organising a special occasion, whether that be a milestone birthday party or workplace Christmas celebration. From start to finish, excellent event planners will ensure your event not only runs without a hitch but exceeds your guests’ expectations.
If you’ve got an upcoming function and are searching for the best event planners in the Canberra region, you’ve come to the right place. We asked Canberra’s residents to share their experience with local event planning businesses – and now, we have the results.
Ready to get started? Let’s find out which three Canberra event planners came out on top.
What makes a fantastic event planner?
Whether you are organising a celebration or function for business or personal reasons, making sure everything runs smoothly is vital. To help you achieve this goal, we suggest keeping an eye out for the following factors when comparing potential event planners:
- Experience. Practice makes perfect, right? Experienced event planners have a competitive edge over industry newbies, as they know exactly how to overcome hiccups and deliver above and beyond.
- Excellent track record. One of the best ways to gauge the quality and reliability of an event planning company is to read reviews and testimonials from past clients.
- Specialist expertise. Are you hosting a professional event, such as a large conference? Look for an event planner that has specialist expertise. That way, you can rest easy knowing your function is in safe and capable hands.
- Trusted network. Typically, when you work with an event planner, they connect you with their network of suppliers and vendors. This might include florists, furniture hire companies, catering companies, and more.
- Well priced. Events can add up. Don’t forget to factor in fees associated with hiring an event planner when calculating your budget.
The top event planners in Canberra according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
The results are in. Here are the top event planners that service the region according to you, Canberra’s locals.
The team behind Damsel and Sprout Projects have two fundamental goals: to make event planning easy and to ensure every event they work on is one to remember. Their multi-disciplinary team get a real kick out of leaving a positive lasting impression on guests and audiences across Canberra. No job is too big or too small, so whether you are hosting a swanky brand launch, or an intimate affair, Damsel and Sprout Projects can help.
The small, tight-knit team at Earlybird Events has assisted a diverse range of brands, institutions, and even government departments (and the Prime Minister) with their events. They boast an exciting portfolio of past events that showcase the team’s organisations skills and attention to detail.
After years of working in festival planning, Kate Bowman and Lizzy Howe decided to take off on their own. And so, Wren and Rabbit was born. Wren and Rabbit is a multifaceted business that offers event management and planning, styling, floristry, and more. Over the years, their passionate, dedicated team have worked with some of Canberra’s most prestigious businesses, including Westfield and Canberra Airport.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you worked with an event planner in Canberra? Share your experience in the comments section below.