If you need a specialist opinion or treatment plan, you may need to see a gastroenterologist. Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine concerned with the digestive system and its diseases and disorders. This speciality is focused on the gastrointestinal tract, including the organs between the mouth and the end of the digestive tract.
Gastroenterologists may recommend changes to your diet or lifestyle, prescribe medications, or perform surgeries.
If you are looking for a quality gastroenterologist in Canberra, we’ve selected three of the best to recommend. Have a read, and best of luck on your journey to health and wellbeing.
What Makes a Quality Gastroenterologist?
When it comes to your health, you want to consult the best of the best. Here’s what we suggest keeping an eye out for in a gastroenterologist:
- Gastroenterology is a specialist medical field. The best in the industry have extensive knowledge and expertise in all related diseases and disorders.
- Gastroenterologists with years of experience know exactly how to deal with less common issues and conditions. They have seen it all before and are equipped to help you overcome any health concerns.
- A great reputation. Try to find out if the doctor you are considering has a great reputation. Ask friends and family. The last thing you want is to visit a gastroenterologist that has caused others issues in the past.
- All medical professionals should approach their patients with the utmost compassion. At the end of the day, you are the one that is suffering.
- A professional attitude is key. Your doctor should understand what you are experiencing and should be able to prescribe the best possible remedy without making you feel uncomfortable or on edge.
The Top Gastroenterologists in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
After conducting some local research, here are gastroenterologists and gastroenterology clinics in Canberra that you can trust.
gastrotrACT is one of Canberra’s biggest gastroenterology clinics and surgery practices. Situated at the Canberra Hospital campus, this clinic is conveniently located and well connected to the community.
gastrotrACT is home to the largest team of gastroenterologists in a private practice in the city – with six experienced, fully qualified doctors and one specialist surgeon on board. Committed to helping their patients achieve the highest level of health and well-being, you can rest easy knowing your medical issue is being treated by the best in the industry.
The group of gastroenterologists at Canberra Gastroenterology boast years of experience in both the public and private medical sector. Providing a full range of services – from diagnosis to treatment – Canberra Gastroenterology is a reliable practice for anyone suffering from disorders of the digestive tract.
Dr Pok Kern Tan is a widely respected gastroenterologist in the Canberra region. He works out of the state-of-the-art, $77 million Calvary Bruce Private Hospital, which opened as recently as September 2017.
Dr Pok Kern Tan delivers quality gastroenterology investigations and consultations.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commentators who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Gastroenterologists.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based Gastroenterologists? Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?