Our photo this week is of Pleased To Jive You, a funky crew whose name you’ve seen billed all over the place! You can catch them playing at The Basement this Sunday (read: New Year’s Eve) along with Maris King, Bleach It Clean, Blissphorus and much more from 4 pm.
Brass Knuckle Brass Band will be playing before the famed Art v Science at Civic Square as part of New Year’s Eve In The City, starting from 7 pm. There are other New Year’s celebrations occurring on the night, including at Smith’s Alternative where Zackerbilks will bring in the new year partying like it’s 1929, and also at Old Canberra Inn, Garema Place and the National Carillon. There ain’t no excuse to stay indoors this year!
Stay tuned to The RiotACT as LocalnLive release a (by no means definitive) Top 20 local tracks of the year. And please, be ready to disagree and submit your own!
- TIGA w/ Double Agent and Point Guard @ Mr Wolf, 10 pm start
- THNKS FOR THE MEMORIES: Emo/Pop-punk nostalgic throw back @ Mr Wolf, 9 pm start
- The Old Married Couple – ‘Say Oui’ Vaudeville and Burlesque Spectacular @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 pm start
- Shananigans’ New Year’s Eve Party w/ Maris King, Bleach It Clean, Blissphorus, Pleased To Jive You and more @ The Basement, 4 pm start
- New Year’s Eve In The City w/ Art v Science, Brass Knuckle Brass Band, Exposure and Harrison Carman @ Civic Square, 7 pm start
- Chill Ease Entertainment’s New Year’s Eve Party! @ National Carillon, 7 pm start
- NYE Tiki Party w/ DJ Ting Kong @ Old Canberra Inn, 7 pm start
- New Year’s Eve 1929 w/ Zackerbilks @ Smith’s Alternative, 8 pm start
- NYE Bass In The Place w/ Ember, Blanke, Clique, Soul Sistas and Peter Kiemann @ Garema Place, 9 pm start