CBR DIY are looking for a new voluntary editor who has passion for the local music scene!
Editor responsibilities would include:
- Communicating with publicists, venues, and artists to arrange promotional content
- Assigning content to appropriate contributors
- Reading content and correcting for spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Reviewing content and working with contributors
- Uploading content via Squarespace site
- Crossposting to social media platforms
- Approving final versions submitted by contributors
Other responsibilities include:
- Regular meetings with the rest of the CBR DIY team
- Collaborating with the creative community
- A thriving passion for the ACT music scene is a must, we’d prefer if you we’re open to all genres of contemporary music!
- Editor/ lead writing skills are not essential, but preferred
Free tickets to your favourite local festivals and shows, professional development, the opportunity to network within the music industry, and of course, knowing that you are supporting and growing the local music scene.The hours depend on the quality and speed of your work. A maximum of 8 hours per week is expected. CBR DIY is run by a team of many talented volunteers including graphic designers, journalists, event managers, photographers, and more! Just because you have the role of editor does not mean that you can’t work with us in these other fields.
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter as to why the role would be most suited to you, and a list of your top 5 favourite Canberra songs.