Territory and Municipal Services informs us that the great virus transfer system known as public network computers in the Libraries will be getting upgraded:
“The older technology currently in use at the branches can be frustrating for users, and this upgrade will make surfing the internet and using word processing tools a lot easier.
“Computers will not be available for use during the upgrade at each branch, however, visitors to the library will still be able to use wireless internet access via their laptop or other portable device.”
The schedule for the computer upgrades is as follows:
· Erindale Library, Tuesday 5 June 2012
· Kippax Library, Wednesday 6 June 2012
· Tuggeranong Library, Thursday 7 June 2012
· Belconnen Library, Friday 8 June 2012
· Dickson Library, Wednesday 13 June 2012
· Woden Library, Thursday 14 June 2012
· Civic Library, Friday 15 June 2012
· Gungahlin Library, Tuesday 19 June 2012
Kingston Library received the new public network computers in May as part of a trial of the rollout.