ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire this morning at the Canberra Labour Club in Belconnen.
Multiple crews rushed to the Chandler Street property after being alerted by an automatic fire alarm followed by several emergency triple zero calls just before 4 o’clock.
The fire started in a plant and equipment room in the basement of the building.
Firefighters were able to prevent the fire spreading throughout the club.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Fire crews are currently ventilating the property before handing back over to management.
There was only a few staff inside the club when the fire started and all safely self evacuated.
The fire started from malfunctioning equipment.
The damage bill is unknown at this stage.