A day at the spa is pure indulgence, whether you choose a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure or other special treatments. The day spa is the perfect place to relax, unwind, and enjoy me-time.
Most day spas strive towards luxury treatments, products and experiences, so you’ll understand the importance of doing a bit of research to ensure the spa you choose offers good value.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a day spa, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
What makes a great day spa?
Choosing the right day spa can make or break your experience. If you’re going to take the time, and invest the money, for some rest and relaxation, you’ll want to visit a day spa that will pamper you.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a day spa.
- Treatment range. Everyone wants something different out of their spa experience. You might want to unwind with a massage and a soak in a hot tub. You may want rejuvenation and/or restoration services. You might want to indulge in a package. Check online to explore the range of treatments the spa offers.
- Luxurious feel. When you head to a day spa, you should experience a sense of luxury. You’ll want to feel your day-to-day worries melting away. Most spas have quality photos of their interiors online, to give you a feel for their level of luxury.
- Cleanliness. Proper hygiene and cleanliness are key at any spa. Check the spa’s website for images and research client reviews online. Some spas even post their cleanliness policies.
- Training and qualifications. Beauty therapists in Canberra require a formal qualification at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute. This could include a Certificate III in Beauty Services or a Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy. Check what training and experience your spa therapist has.
- Well priced. Spas aim for luxury so you can expect to pay accordingly. However, the best day spas still charge a fair price for their services. Most have the service menus online with pricing, so check these out before deciding which spa to indulge in.
The best day spas in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Hale Spa is a luxurious wellness destination—a sanctuary for the body and mind. Situated in the internal ground floor of Barton’s Brassey Hotel, Hale Spa provides an extensive range of day treatments for the face and body. Treatments include anti-ageing facials, specialised facial treatments, traditional facials and massage. A cave-like plunge pool, and sauna and steam are available.
On Google, Leonil Pepingco wrote, “An absolutely exquisite place, where my partner and I were first-timers and we were pampered with a luxurious experience.”
Sui Massage and Day Spa Canberra, spread over two floors with seven treatment rooms, is a Japanese-inspired sanctuary. It delivers quality body, facial, and beauty treatments. The spa’s menu includes a wide range of facials, massages and body treatments. Other services include microblading, eyelash extensions, body exfoliation, foot reflexology and waxing.
Eliza Marie wrote on Google, “The staff are so lovely, the facility is gorgeous and so serene, and the treatment was amazing!”
Located in the five-star Hotel Realm, luxury Mudd The Spa is about the wellbeing of the mind, body and soul. Mudd The Spa offers a full menu of massage, face, body, hand and foot treatments. They also offer waxing and have packages available. Mudd The Spa won a ‘World Luxury Spa Award’ in 2019.
On Google, David Smith wrote, “Amazing experience. It has a wonderful atmosphere, the rooms are very nice, the staff are lovely and the treatments are all high quality.”
Inspired by the native flora found in the lush rainforest surrounds of the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Jindii EcoSpa delivers soul-enriching treatments that revitalise, recharge and replenish. This award-winning nurturing oasis treats the face, body, hands and feet. Services include massage, bathing rituals, spa facials, manicures, pedicures and spray tanning. Jindii EcoSpa uses Australian-made products.
On Google, Rose Mogford wrote, “Worth every cent! The most wonderful, calming place in Canberra. Smells delightful and the staff are the absolutely crowning jewel.”
Endota Spa Canberra replenishes minds, bodies and souls. Expert therapists specialise in a wide range of facials, with something for every skin type. Massage treatments are available. So is a menu of other beauty services, including waxing, tanning, tinting, manicures and pedicures. Endota uses organic, natural, Australian made skincare. Rejuvenating spa packages are available.
On Google, Layla Phillips wrote, “I cannot recommend Endota enough! Amazing service from start to end.”
If you’re looking for more information on beauty treatments and packages, you might like our articles on the best facial specialists, best microblading specialists, best eyelash extensions salons, best beauty salons, best waxing salons, best hair salons and best nail salons Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with day spas in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the day spas listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.