Eyelash extensions are a popular and convenient alternative to mascara. Requiring minimal maintenance and saving you costs on false eyelashes and mascara, these natural-looking beauty enhancers are sure to make your morning routine that little bit easier.
If you are considering giving eyelash extensions a go, it’s vital to do your research. A lash technician is someone who applies eyelash extensions. You must find a qualified lash technician from a reputable beauty salon if you want stunning, long-lasting, safe results.
In this article, we’ll go through what makes a great lash technician and share our top picks for eyelash extension salons in the Canberra region. Let’s get started.
What makes a great lash technician?
Beauty treatments carried out by inexperienced lash technicians can end in disaster. Since the eye area is so delicate and prone to infection, it’s essential you only visit a salon you trust when getting eyelash extensions.
Here are a couple of traits to look out for in reliable beauty salons:
- Qualifications and experience. A great lash technician will be qualified and trained by a registered training organisation (RTO). Make sure you check your lash technician and beauty salon’s qualifications and certificates. In addition, the more experienced technicians continue to further their qualifications over time, keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in applying eyelash extensions.
- Solid reputation. Dig around a little and see what you can find online about the salon you are considering. Are there plenty of 5-star reviews? Or, are their social profiles bombarded with complaints? Many salons offering eyelash extensions have Instagram accounts that show before and afters, so it’s worth checking that out too.
- Clean environment. You don’t want un-sanitised hands or equipment anywhere near your eyes! Look out for a salon that takes hygiene seriously. A great lash technician should be wearing appropriate garments (such as gloves and a face mask), and should sanitise their equipment between clients.
- Range of eyelash extensions. Eyelash extensions are fully customisable. You can select real or synthetic hair, a natural or glamorous look, and the amount of curl. The best salons offer a comprehensive variety of extensions.
- Competitive pricing. Getting eyelash extensions is an investment in yourself! There are many salons in Canberra that offer eyelash extensions in their services, so it’s also worthwhile to do your research and find the salon with the best price to match your budget. However, keep in mind that the price can reflect quality, and thus the cheaper salons may offer you a lower quality of product.
The best salons to get eyelash extensions in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Waramanga Beauty Spot is owned and operated by international beauty trainer Amy Lam. Amy has extensive experience in the beauty industry, and keeps her team of friendly, highly qualified therapists at Waramanga Beauty Spot up-to-date with the latest treatments and technology, ensuring all customers benefit from the best treatments available.
Waramanga Beauty Spot’s eyelash extension service is professional and well-equipped, as Amy herself specialises in the treatment. Whilst many other salons have set lengths of extensions, Amy creates custom sets that suit the clients face and desired look.
They also guarantee total safety for the client – no need to worry about getting any glue in your eyes – and promise that your lashes should last between two and four weeks.
Facebook user Sarah Hughes wrote this about her experience getting an eyelash extension at Waramanga Beauty Spot, “I’ve had my eyelash extensions done by a far few places now. Amy is by far the best I’ve ever had. She makes you feel comfortable talks you through the process and even gives you a blanket to feel nice and warm whilst having them done. Thank you so much Amy.”
Featured in City News magazine, Flawless Beauty by Penelope was recognised for providing an excellent service for the money.
In this boutique beauty salon, providing one-on-one and fully customisable service, Penelope insists on using only high-quality materials for long-lasting results. All of her products are cruelty free, vegan, and environmentally friendly, so you can be assured that Penelope is using only the safest products. For her lash extension service, she advises her clients on the best options based on their individual eye shape and size. Depending on the desired volume, clients can choose custom materials as well as 2D, 3D, or 5D lashes.
Google reviewer Lilli Z wrote this about their experience with Flawless Beauty by Penelope, “I absolutely love my eyelash lift and tint. I’ve had many over the years elsewhere but the results at flawless beauty are above and beyond. Also, Penelope was so lovely and the salon is gorgeous. Love the one on one professional service. Thank you Penelope!”
Z&CO’s vision is to provide luxurious, 5-star service in a beautiful retreat in the middle of the city, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Whether man or woman, a regular appointment or preparing for a special event, at Z&CO Studio you can enjoy a wide range of beauty services and partake from their bar which provides guests with coffee, tea, alcoholic drinks, and even a light meal.
The trained technicians at Z&CO pride themselves on using top quality silk lashes, and the whole team boasts some of the friendliest beauticians you’ll find in Canberra. They’re ready to give honest advice and assistance on selecting the proper eyelash length to fit your needs.
Google reviewr Eliza Ride writes, “I can’t speak highly enough of Z&Co and I refer everyone I can to these gorgeous girls! I know I can trust Zoe and the girls for all my hair and beauty needs! They’re passionate, kind and amazing at what they do. I’ve been coming here for 2 years now and wouldn’t trust anyone else with my hair and beauty needs. Highly recommend.”
Award-winning salon Elegance Beauty Therapy offers a wide range of services, from day spa treatments and packages to traditional beauty services.
Elegance Beauty Therapy’s eyelash extension service is comprehensive and varied, so you have a huge selection of options to choose from to suit your personal needs and preferences. And rest assured if you’re not completely happy with your results – they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you have any completes you can either get a full refund or a total re-do of the service.
As Facebook user Kylie Travers writes, “Amazing! So friendly, professional and gentle. I used to be a beautician and hairdresser so am super fussy about where I go. They are incredible and I’d highly recommend them to anyone.”
Your experience with eyelash extension salons in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the eyelash extension salons listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.