Like any chore, laundry can really get away from us. From weather slowing down the whole process and unreliable washing machines to laundry simply piling up after a busy week, it can all get a bit overwhelming at times.
That’s what a great dry-cleaning service is for. Whether you’ve got a special event coming up, a stubborn stain on one of your favourite shirts, or you simply don’t have the time to take proper care of your clothes, taking your laundry to a dry cleaner can take the pressure off.
But with Canberra filled with multiple different dry cleaners, how do you find the perfect service for your needs? In this article, we’ll give you a few things to watch out for when you’re looking for a great dry cleaner, as well as a guide to some of Canberra’s best services.
What makes a great dry cleaner?
When it comes to having your best clothing items professionally cleaned, you want to be 100 percent sure you can trust your dry cleaners. You want to avoid shrinking, staining, and tearing at all costs. So, what exactly should you look for in a reliable dry cleaner? Here’s what we think.
- Experienced. Different fabrics demand different cleaning treatments. The more experience a dry cleaner has, the more likely they will know exactly how to manage your clothing item.
- Prompt. Need a suit or dress cleaned for a special occasion? If you answered yes, look for a dry cleaner with a prompt turn-around.
- Up-to-date services. The dry-cleaning process is not immune to advances in technology. You wouldn’t clean your home with a vacuum from the 70s, so why send your clothes to a dry cleaner that fails to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest in the industry.
- Reliable. The best dry cleaners are reliable. They get the job done on time, and they keep the promises they make.
- Friendly. If you get your clothes dry cleaned on a regular basis, you want a dry cleaner with a friendly attitude.
- Fairly priced. Drying cleaning should not cost a small fortune. The best dry cleaners charge a fair price for their services.
- A great reputation. The best dry cleaners have a great reputation, and a number of loyal customers. If your friend recommends a great dry cleaner, listen. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find a quality service provider.
The best dry cleaners in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Ainslie Laundrette is a Canberra-based and locally owned comprehensive laundry business. They offer self-service facilities, or the dedicated team of professionally trained and peer-reviewed staff can wash, iron, dry clean, tailor and even pick up and deliver your laundry. Ainslie Laundrette also offers a convenient and professional ironing service and can take care of anything from table linens to formal and business attire, with a 48 hour turn-around guarantee.
As happy customer Liz O’Neill writes in this Facebook review, “This laundry is the best, great services at reasonable prices and the staff are always very helpful. Highly recommended!”
Opal is committed to providing high-quality service at the best prices with the fastest turnarounds. Opal sets themselves apart on the Canberra market by providing mobile services – from the comfort of your own home or office, you can have your laundry dry-cleaned for you by a team of passionate pros. With a conveniently flexible appointment bookings, affordable price points and a 100% quality guarantee, Opal is the perfect option for those with busy and unpredictable schedules.
Lee Mansfield wrote about their experience on Google saying, “We used the mobile service to get a formal dress altered and the service was fantastic. It was so convenient and the person who came was excellent. We couldn’t be happier with the end result.”
R&R Fabricare has been dry cleaning Canberra since 1933. Over 80 years of experience serving the local area gives R&R the experience, the customer loyalty and the know-how to comfortably guarantee you perfect results every time. Among their wide range of available services, R&R provides garment reproofing, expert repairs and alterations, cleaning for household furnishings, as well as free advice on stain removal, hand finishing and repairs.
Katrina Garrety left the following review for R&R, saying, “Great service friendly staff! Would highly recommend.”
Australia Dry Cleaners is all about convenience and customer satisfaction. Not only is Australia Dry Cleaners open 7 days a week, but they also offer same day service. Along with professional ironing and dry cleaning, Australia Dry Cleaners also offers repairs and alterations.
Google reviewer Kate Cuine writes, “Good to see dry cleaners in Braddon. I used them and they are very professional and experienced. Good luck guys.”
Need a helping hand with chores that you just don’t have time for yourself? Check out our article on the best cleaning companies in Canberra for some great recommendations to help you get on top of things. Or, if you’ve got some clothes that need some extra care and attention, take a look at the best tailoring & alteration services in Canberra.
However, if you’re here because your washing machine died on you, our list of Canberra’s best appliance repair services may help you get that fixed for next time.
Your experience with dry cleaners in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Do you have a favourite dry cleaner in the Canberra region? Let us know your experience.