There’s nothing quite like professionally-made clothing, whether that be a suit, a shirt, or a pair of pants.
Finding a skilled and trustworthy tailor can be a bit of a challenge. The last thing you want is your specialty clothing misshapen, marked, or altered beyond repair. That’s why we’ve read through our user’s comments, and put together a list of Canberra’s best tailors.
What makes a fantastic tailor?
Tailoring is a specialist skill that require patience and expertise. While the best tailors can completely transform an item of clothing for the better, others do more harm than good.
When looking for a fantastic tailor, keep an eye out for these must-have traits.
- Experienced. Like any skill, the more practice you have tailoring, the more impressive the result. The best tailors in Canberra have years of experience altering a whole range of clothing items, from ball gowns and tuxedos, to skirts and suit jackets.
- An eye for detail. The greatest tailors have an eye for detail, and never cut corners or take nasty shortcuts. Their meticulous eye will ensure your tailoring not only looks great, but lasts for years to come.
- Knowledgeable. The best tailors know how clothes should fit and feel. They understand that every client is different, and they can adapt to suit individual wants and needs without fuss.
- Comprehensive services. Whether you need a shirt made from scratch, or jeans taken up, the best tailors can do it all. Look for someone that offers a comprehensive list of tailoring services.
- Prompt. If you need your clothing tailored for a special occasion or event, you will need a tailor that can provide a prompt turn-around. The best tailors are realistic and upfront about their schedule, and always deliver the finished product on time.
- Fairly priced. Although tailoring is a specialist skill, it shouldn’t cost a small fortune. The most reliable tailors charge a fair price for their services.
Got something to add to this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
The Top 3 Tailors in Canberra
We have considered your feedback, you good experiences, and your bad, and put together this list of the top three tailors in the Canberra region.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Pip Morgan at Braddon Tailors
From formal to casual, and just about everything in between, Pip Morgan from Braddon Tailors can help you design and create a bespoke suit, jacket, trouser, and more.
Customers are spoilt for choice, with over 2000 luxurious fabrics and endless design ideas. Each completed piece fits perfectly, and is finished to an extremely high standard.
Pip Morgan was the most popular choice among our comments. One, Robauz, had this to say: “I can vouch for Pip Morgan… Excellent quality. Made to your measurements. I had a vest made and with my peculiar shape it was excellent to have something fit me. And it was half the price of a vest off the rack.”
Another commenter, Daggles, also had a fantastic experience with Pip Morgan. “I know of two wedding parties who have had Pip Morgan,” they wrote. “They all have been delighted with the fit and the quality of the finished products and were pleasantly surprised at what they got for the prices they paid.”
2. Black Tie by Xavier
Need to get a suit custom-made? Looking for something luxurious? Want top-notch craftsmanship? Consider Black Tie by Xavier, a specialist tailor, suit hire, and retail store.
Each suit is crafted out of high-quality fabrics to the precise measurements of the client. Although the suits are not made here in Canberra, the attention to detail and exquisite finishing is incredible.
Commenter Hosinator had a great experience, writing, “Black Tie by Xavier’s was good. I’ve had a few suits made there. As RedDogInCan has stated, “they measure and send away for the suit to be made.”
3. Germanicos Bespoke Tailors
For almost two decades, Germanicos Bespoke Tailors has provided bespoke suits and separates to loyal customers around Australia. Although they do not have a permanent shop in Canberra, they do frequent the city about once every two weeks.
David_R had this to say: “I recently got a few suits and shirts from Germanicos Bespoke Tailors… The suits fit great, and look magnificent! I was dressed in high grade Dormeuil suit fabric for a little over 2k, this same fabric cost me about 4k at cutler a few years back in Sydney. Shirts were about $170 for Egyptian cotton”
Your Experience with Canberra Tailors
Have you had any experience with tailors in Canberra? Leave your feedback below.