Well-kept gardens provide so much pleasure. They’re beautiful to look at, great places to entertain in and spaces to relax and watch the kids and pets play. Left unchecked, however, gardens can become overgrown and an eyesore.
Taking care of gardens takes time and effort. It can be challenging, especially in Canberra’s hot summers and cold winters. For many, landscaping, weeding, mulching and mowing are best left to professional gardeners. The best gardeners take the stress away and leave you to enjoy your garden all year round.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a gardening services, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
What makes a great gardening service?
Choosing the right gardening service gives you confidence your home will look it’s best all the time.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a gardening service.
- Reliable, friendly and professional. As with any service, you’ll want a reliable company that shows up on time—no last-minute cancellations that interfere with your schedule. You’ll also want a gardener you enjoy dealing with, who treats you and your home with respect.
- Experience. The more experience a gardener has, the better their services will be. The best gardeners have the skills and equipment to overcome any challenge. They also work efficiently.
- Knowledge. If you need a gardener to resurrect your outdoor space with new plants and landscaping services, opt for someone with extensive knowledge. They’ll reassure you that you’re buying the right plants for Canberra’s climate.
- Price and insurance. Gardening and other outdoor services are hard work and take time, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. The best gardeners charge a fair price for services. They’re also fully insured in case anything happens while they’re on site.
- Range of services. You might want a gardener who provides more than one service. If this is the case, check online to see if the gardener offers comprehensive services, not just mowing and weeding.
The best gardening services in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Since 2012, Budget Garden Care ACT has been creating beautiful gardens for those who don’t have much time to garden. A full-service landscape company, Budget Garden Care ACT’s services also include lawn mowing and maintenance, lawn restoration and turf laying, weeding and pest control, hedge trimming, tree pruning and more. All team members are professionally trained and fully insured. Work is 100 per cent guaranteed.
Anthony Rode wrote on Google, “Budget Garden Care has been maintaining our garden for over 3 years and we’re very happy with the service.”
Jake’s Complete Garden Care is a family business that creates and maintains wonderful looking gardens. Locally owned and operated, Jake’s Complete Garden Care works with all styles of gardens, including simple, low-maintenance ones. Jake and his team are expert at pruning all types of plants, fruit trees and other trees. Other services include landscaping, lawn care, weeding, weed spraying, mulching, lawn mowing and edging. The team also installs irrigation systems and cares for veggie gardens.
Brian’s Home and Garden Care is a small, family-owned garden maintenance business based in Canberra. Professional services include greenkeeping, hedging and laying new lawns. With decades of experience, Brian’s Home and Garden Care handles routine tidy-ups or complete redesigns, always committed to helping clients realise the true value of their gardens. The business also specialises in getting outdoor spaces in tip-top condition and ready for owners wanting to sell or lease.
Gardening Girls Canberra offers professional and passionate gardening services by experienced women gardeners. Understanding that every garden is unique, Gardening Girls Canberra develops garden care plans. Services include regular care, proper pruning, rose care and fine weeding. Gardening Girls Canberra also handles garden makeovers, soil improvement projects and helps with plant selection and planting.
On Google, Ingrid Mason wrote, “Victoria Jewett and her team have done fantastic work to help us with our garden. They’re magic.”
Gardeners Canberra is a locally owned gardening business, operating in the capital for more than a decade. Services include lawn mowing and maintenance, garden maintenance and green waste removal. Gardeners Canberra offers one-off services or regular services. Packages are available with guaranteed hours onsite. Gardeners Canberra works for domestic, body corporate and commercial clients. They handle end-of-lease services. Services are never compromised.
If you’re looking for more information on gardening-related services in Canberra, you might like our articles on the best nurseries, best landscaping suppliers, the best landscapers and the best turf and artificial grass suppliers Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with gardening services in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the gardening services listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.