Looking to join a gymnastics club yourself, or hoping to sign your child up for gymnastics classes in Canberra? Fantastic. Gymnastics is a wonderful way to improve fitness, flexibility, and coordination while boosting confidence and meeting new friends along the way.
Canberra is home to a number of quality gymnastics clubs. We’ve consulted local feedback and decided on the top three. These gymnastics clubs and classes boast a welcoming atmosphere, quality instructors, and a supportive community for new and seasoned gymnasts of all ages. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What makes a great gymnastics club?
If you’re new to gymnastics, you might be wondering what exactly makes a great gymnastics club. To help you on your search, try keeping an eye out for the following features.
- A welcoming community. If you or your child is new to gymnastics, look for a club with a welcoming and supportive community. Those just starting out can still enjoy the self-esteem boosting benefits of this great pastime.
- A range of classes for different ages and skill sets. For the young, the teen, and the adult gymnast, the best gymnastics clubs offer classes for all. Plus, beginner and advanced gymnasts deserve specific instructions, so look for a club that caters to all skill levels.
- Competitive pricing. The best gymnastics clubs offer classes at a competitive price point, so you can enjoy the activity without breaking the bank.
- Qualified instructors. At the end of the day, the best gymnastics classes are run by friendly, passionate, and qualified instructors with years of specialist experience.
- Excellent equipment. Some gymnastics moves require specific equipment. The best clubs are fully stocked with all the bars, rings, ropes, and mats you could need as your talent develops.
The top gymnastics clubs in Canberra according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Here are your picks for the top gymnastics clubs in Canberra and its surrounds.
The Southern Canberra Gymnastic Club
The Southern Canberra Gymnastic Club is a not-for-profit sporting organisation that has welcomed gymnasts of all ages and skill levels into their community since 1983. This clubs is affiliated with both Gymnastics ACT and Gymnastics Australia. With programs for the young ones as well as for the adults, you’re sure to expand your ability, improve your fitness, and find a whole new level of confidence at The Southern Canberra Gymnastic Club.
Canberra City Gymnastics Club
Canberra City Gymnastics Club aims to help all children develop a sense of self-confidence through a top-quality program of gymsports while allowing each individual to progress at their own rate. Committed to fun and safety, your child will enjoy a boost in physical fitness while also having a great time. And all at a cost that is affordable to the local community.
Woden Valley Gymnastics
Experience the lifelong benefits of gymnastics with Woden Valley Gymnastics, a member of the Gymnastics Australia and Gymnastics ACT framework. At Woden Valley Gymnastics, a sense of family is tremendously important – all students should feel supported, welcomed, and celebrated.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Gymnastics Clubs.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with a gymnastics club in Canberra or surrounds? Share your thoughts below.