When you want to build your business brand and reputation, finding the right Canberra PR and copywriting service is important.
Being able to clearly describe your products and services, your unique selling point and the value you offer your customers could mean the difference between long-term customer relationships and losing business to a competitor.
A Canberra PR and copywriting service that has the expertise to deliver the full spectrum of communications activities, from media and public relations campaigns to stakeholder engagement, crisis management and multi-media content development supported by high-quality copywriting, can be hard to find.
But if you’re serious about having your voice heard, and protecting your brand’s hard-won reputation, it’s critical you invest in the right public relations and copywriting expertise.
What makes a great PR and copywriting service?
Your Canberra PR and copywriting service will be your friend on the ground, helping promote your successes and protecting your business when its reputation is at risk. So it’s critical you are comfortable with who you are working with. Here are a few considerations to take into account.
- Good communication: The best Canberra PR and copywriting services take the time to gain a deep understanding of your business, your challenges and your goals before diving in with solutions. Do they listen, ask questions, show a keen interest in delivering tailored outcomes that specifically meet your objectives?
- Skills and experience: Do they have professional experience in the communications field – for example journalism, corporate affairs or marketing? Can they provide examples of successful outcomes for previous clients? Look for someone who can demonstrate a proven track record of success, and show how their experience and skills are a great fit for your business.
- Ability to influence: Reaching and connecting with target audiences in a way that will engage and influence is at the heart of good PR and copywriting. What experience do they have in targeting and talking to audiences in an authentic and compelling way?
- Attention to detail: Spelling mistakes, poor grammar and slap-dash presentation skills are a sure-fire way to appear unprofessional. As your PR and copywriting service will be representing your brand in the market, they must demonstrate the highest-quality writing, presentation and fact-checking skills to ensure accuracy at all times. Carefully review the communications your prospective PR specialist or copywriter supplies you from the outset – it will be a good indicator of what they will be presenting to your clients and key audiences.
- Grace under pressure: Every now and then, a crisis can hit. That’s when your established relationship with a trusted PR agent and copywriter will really come into play. A calm, considered, solutions-focused PR and copywriting expert is essential to help you navigate even the biggest challenges.
- Personalised approach: Always check whether the PR person or copywriter you initially meet with – who you may have developed an instant rapport with, or has the professional credentials you’re after – is actually the person who will be working on your project. Some agencies send in the big guns to land the business, but allocate the work to more junior members. Make sure you understand who is doing what, and that you are happy with the arrangement.
The best PR and copywriting services in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
PitchPerfect Media founder Michelle Rowe delivers clients a rare combination of 30 years’ international experience as a senior journalist combined with expertise in senior corporate communications roles.
Michelle’s deep understanding of what the media wants, ability to identify the strongest story angles and delivery of high-quality, multi-media content enables her go above and beyond the standard PR and copywriting services for clients.
PitchPerfect Media offers media and PR management, copywriting, internal and external communications and content strategy (including change management), issues and crisis management and multi-media corporate storytelling services.
Having worked as a journalist in Bangkok, London, Perth, Sydney and Canberra, including roles as travel editor and food columnist for The Australian newspaper and Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine, Michelle’s work has been published around the world.
In her senior corporate communications roles, including Director of Editorial and Content for Destination NSW, she has led multi-disciplined corporate affairs and content development teams, and provides PitchPerfect Media clients with the highest-quality written, video, design and photographic content, from corporate and lifestyle videos and branded magazines to annual reports, awards submissions, bid documents, executive speeches, media releases and news articles.
Andy Gregory, Chairman of the National Wine Show of Australia reviewed PitchPerfect Media’s services in a website testimonial saying, “Michelle is an outstanding professional who delivered the highest quality PR support to the most recent National Wine Show of Australia …[with] coverage, profile and engagement way beyond our expectations.”
Founded locally in Canberra in 2016, Rowdy is a female-owned and operated full-service agency who hang their hat on delivering strategy and design through creativity.
Co-founders, Judy Waters and Llewella Jago boast impressive track records in communications and marketing across private and public enterprise in Australia and beyond. Their passion lies within social-impact projects and the economic empowerment of women.
This boutique agency offers an array of services to solve marketing and communications challenges and in doing so driving audiences to action.
Tony Dowling had this to say about Rowdy on Facebook, “Great people, great creativity great service. Highly recommended.”
Morris Walker is one of Canberra’s most established public relations and events agencies, designing and delivering communication solutions for more than twenty years.
Morris Walker has provided strategic communications advice for hundreds of clients during this time, encompassing internal, stakeholder and public audiences. They deliver flexible strategies that support business goals ensuring every speech, publication and media release serves a purpose.
With some notable clients like Floriade, the Treasury, and Embassy of Japan, professionalism is assured with Morris Walker.
Founded by self-professed word nerd and author Matt Fenwick, True North Content was born out of a passion for creating purposeful content. With a team that boasts over fifty years combined experience, True North Content offers a range of strategy, writing and training services all anchored in copy.
Specific writing solutions include online and print copy, brand identity, sales material, and public relations collateral. For content that captures the true value of your business look to True North Content.
Gemma Garret had this to say about True North Content on Google, “True North is the safest pair of hands I know for exemplary copy for any piece of content you could need. Professional and a delight to work with. Highly recommended!”
Elm is a locally based independent strategic communications consultancy, founded and operated by Melanie Gibbons. With over 18 years’ communications experience Melanie brings a wealth of practically gained knowledge underpinned by extensive academic accomplishments.
Delivering everything from large communications projects and high-level planning to detailed execution and content, Elm prides itself on being the trusted adviser to businesses needing targeted advice and support. For quality communications that deliver immeasurable value look to Elm Communications.
Raspberry Spool shared this great review on Google, “I have worked with Mel from Elm Communications many (many) times over the last 10 years, and she always upholds the highest standards and passion for communications. I most recently engaged her to set up a communications and marketing function in a government department and she was an essential part of getting the team up and running with a solid foundation, allowing us to achieve our comms objectives. And all within two months! She is a star and I couldn’t have done it without her.”
Whilst you’re looking for PR and copywriting services in Canberra, you might also like to check out our articles on the best marketing agencies, the best web designers, the best photographers and the best videographers Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with PR and copywriting services in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the PR and copywriting services listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.