Thought i’d post up here to ascertain who i need to talk to.
Found builder in September 2012 selling a house and land package. in November 2012 deposit paid and construction started (in earnest) in Feb 2013.
House was finished in late July 2013 with final inspection undertaken on 3 August 2013, with Cert of Occu issued 5 Aug 2013 and final payment paid. Occupied house 7 August.
Now, issue is: In final inspection a whole number of defects were identified and email to builder advising that wanted them fixed. the issues are not major non-liveable defects but minor pesky (but still important).
- Portico was not finished and to this day isn’t. (3.5 mths later)
- large hole left in laundry ceiling and recently made bigger by builder as he removed the manhole, plus a numpty has cracked the ceiling too.
- Painting defects (fixed)
- Garage door painted on, marked
- sumps not installed
- water tank not installed
- security / intercom not installed
- marks on a sliding door (i.e. cleaners scratched the crap out of it)
- Plumbing fit off items require attention i.e. the toilet seems to be the s***test quality and doesn’t work properly
- site was not cleared as per contract
- AC not working properly, i.e. cold spots and thermostat seems to live in its own world
and a few other things. Now, every tradesman that has worked on my house, when I contact them state that they haven’t been paid by the builder and are refusing to work on any defects. I call the builder at least once a week and most times leave a message and don’t get a call back. Only get a call back after the third or fourth day after one more call.
Who can I turn to progress this? lawyer – what type? My conveyancer doesn’t want to hear from me as he invested too much time when buying the house (worst contract ever).
The items above add up into the thousands (the ceiling i had quoted at 1k to fix and paint last week) and to be honest, we are finding it tough going with what we have at the moment let alone paying for all this crap out of my pocket (again).