Do you have an electrical issue with your car? Maybe your headlight needs to be changed, or your car stereo isn’t working as it should.
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find an auto electrician that provides a comprehensive diagnosis and repair service. Some do a half-hearted job, while others have no idea what they are doing.
In this article, you’ll find our picks for the best auto electricians in the Canberra region. Our suggestions are based on our reader’s honest feedback and real-life experiences.
Let’s get to it.
What Makes a Reliable Auto Electrician?
Your car is important – you probably spent a fair amount of money buying it. The last thing you want is some ill-equipped, unprepared auto electrician poking around causing all sorts of additional trouble.
You need an electrician you can rely on. They need to provide a thorough service, and treat you and your car with respect.
Here are a few traits we believe all the best auto electricians should have.
- Knowledge. The best electricians know exactly what they are doing. They have years of on-the-job experience, and they have seen it all before. When you bring in your car, they can spot the issue with ease, and provide a comprehensive repair service.
- Prompt. Most of us use our cars every day. The faster it can be returned, the better. Look for an electrician that can get your car back safe and sound as soon as possible.
- Thorough. Cutting corners is never a good idea, especially when it comes to something as dangerous as car electrics. Bad electricians prioritise saving their time and money. The best, on the other hand, can work fast without taking nasty – and potentially damaging – short cuts.
- Reasonably prices. No one wants to be ripped off. The best auto electricians charge a fair price for their services, and are always upfront about fees.
- Friendly. A good attitude goes a long way. Our picks for the top auto electricians in the Canberra region do great work with a smile on their faces.
The Top Auto Electricians in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
A favourite among our commenters, the experienced team at Lonsdale Auto Electrical provide the Canberra region with top-quality specialist auto electrical services. With a passionate attitude and commitment to customer service, Lonsdale Auto Electrical offer prompt and accurate diagnosis and repair.
One commenter, EvanJames, had this to say: “I’ve used them a number of times and it’s so refreshing to deal with people who have a can-do attitude. From a boring old lightbulb change, to finding out what was causing horrific interference in my car stereo (turned out to be worn leads), they are always happy to sort it out for you and it never costs what you feared it might.”
Another commenter, kambahkrawler, agreed. “ Decent price for their work and whilst I haven’t got the car back yet they are professional, prompt and they fix problems.”
Sounds great to us.
Looking for an auto electrician that comes to you? Trust Tom Nipperess from Woden Auto Electrics. Offering a fast and reasonably priced service, you can’t go wrong with this convenient car repair electrician.
Two of our commenters couldn’t agree more. “Extremely prompt (less than 2 hours after the initial call) did a great job plus a couple of other extras that needed doing but weren’t urgent all for a very reasonable rate,” wrote imarty. “Highly recommended.”
“He comes to you and does a great job,” Bazz agreed.
While Andrew at Kaleen Auto Electrics doesn’t have much of a presence online, our commenters tell us he’s a great option. He’s friendly, skilled, and well-priced.
Here’s some real-life feedback from our readers.
“…can definitely recommend the bloke behind the Caltex on Maribynong Ave in Kaleen. He has done a couple of small jobs for me and the charges have been very reasonable,” wrote ps0104. “I second the recommendation for the guy at Kaleen servo. I think his name is Andrew. He’s a nice guy & does good work,” wrote boobook.
Your Experience with a Canberra Auto Electrician
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had any experience with the auto electricians listed above? Maybe your favourite wasn’t listed. Or maybe you have an auto electrical horror story to tell.
Let us know in the comments section below. Remember, your feedback will help fellow Canberra residents to find the very best auto electricians in town.