Need a babysitter to mind your kids on a casual basis? Not sure where to start?
Finding a reliable babysitter can be a difficult task. You can’t trust any old stranger with the wellbeing of your child. First, you might ask a friend, family member, or colleague for a recommendation. But if that fails, you’re back to square one.
We are here to help. We’ve put together a list of directories and babysitting services that will help you find the most recommended babysitters in the Canberra region. These websites offer a whole host of babysitters, each providing different services, availabilities, and price points.
If you have any babysitter recommendations, please let us and our readers know in the comments section below. Your experience could help others find a reliable, trustworthy babysitter.
What Makes a Reliable Babysitter?
Some babysitters are absolute life-savers that not only care for your children in a mature and responsible way, but also offer your kids a whole lot of fun. Others… not so much.
If you want peace of mind next time you leave the house, find a babysitter with these crucial features:
- A responsible attitude. Your child’s safety and well-being is of paramount importance. Above all else, your babysitter must have a responsible attitude. That means caring for your child with a commitment to their health and happiness.
- Trustworthy. Your relationship with a babysitter is based on trust. You trust them with your most prized possessions – your children.
- Reliable. If you have hired a babysitter for a particular event, they need to show up on time. There’s nothing worse than waiting around for the babysitter to arrive, and turning up late to your function.
- Fun. The best babysitters love kids – whatever their age and interests. Babysitters should engage with the children, and give them the best, most fun experience possible.
- Sensitive. Some children struggle when their parents leave the home. They may go quiet, cry, or have a full-blown tantrum. The best babysitters know exactly how to cheer them up, without making them feel bad for acting up.
- Reasonably priced. Babysitting is no easy task, but it shouldn’t cost parents and carers an arm and a leg. The most reliable babysitters encourage repeat clients by charging a fair price.
- Flexible. Need a babysitter that does a little bit more? Many babysitters will clean up the house a little, cook dinner, or take your kids on an outing. Discuss your unique needs with potential sitters, and discover an array of flexible services.
3 Places to Find the Best Reliable Babysitters in Canberra
Wondering where to start your search for a reliable babysitter in Canberra? The answer is right here.
We’ve put together a list detailing the 3 best places to find a babysitter in the Canberra region. We’ll give you a bit more information about the benefits of each service, too.
1. Find a Babysitter
Find a Babysitter is Australia’s most trusted babysitting network. With nearly 300,000 qualified babysitters listed – and over 50 in the Canberra region – Find a Babysitter is a fantastic place to start.
One of the key benefits of Find a Babysitter is their verification process. The company itself aims to double-check all listed sitters’ Working with Children credentials, qualifications, and identities. This secure system gives you peace of mind.
You can also view photographs, a bio, services offered (such as babysitting, cleaning, driving, etc.), and availability for each potential babysitter.
2. Babysitters Now
Babysitters Now is a free Australian babysitters’ directory that combines good old-fashioned common sense with new technologies. The result – a quick and easy way to connect with reliable, friendly babysitters in your area.
Simply search your area, and browse the many listed babysitters. You will be able to view their name, age, location, reply rating, bio, availability, and rate.
You can also check out potential babysitters’ qualifications and references, to ensure they are exactly who they say they are.
3. Dial an Angel
Looking for an experienced, professionally screened babysitter to work with on a casual basis? Visit the Dial an Angel website.
The extensive list of ‘Angels’ in Australia’s capital cities can look after your children at home, at a venue, or take them on outings. Their services include weekday and night, and weekend care, including last minute and emergency babysitting services.
You will have to phone to find a babysitter near you, but the extra effort could be worthwhile.
Your Experience with Babysitters in the Canberra Region
Have you got a favourite babysitter that services the Canberra region? Let us know in the comments section below.
Have you used any of the babysitter directories listed above? What the experience positive or negative? Would you use them again? Again, share your feedback below. Your wise words will help others find a babysitter they can truly rely on.