Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

We'll switch your business
to Led lighting for Free*

Update: Kingston death deemed not suspicious

By Charlotte Harper - 26 February 2016 7

UPDATE: The death of a 29-year-old woman at a Kingston apartment on Friday, 26 February 2016, has been deemed non suspicious following a post mortem examination.

ACT Policing will now prepare a report for the ACT Coroner.

ACT Policing have notified the deceased woman’s immediate family, who have requested privacy during this difficult time.

EARLIER REPORT:

A 31-year Kingston man is assisting police with their investigations into the suspicious death of a 29-year-old woman whose body was found in an apartment at 43 Eastlake Parade, Kingston at 1.50am today.

View of police investigation on balcony of apartment from Lake Burley Griffin

The ACT Ambulance Service alerted police to the death when they attended the third floor apartment, above the Cinnabar restaurant, shortly before 1.50am.

Forensics team arrives

ACT Policing Criminal Investigations team members attended and examined the scene soon after and from around 10am this morning were being assisted by AFP Forensic Services. Police will investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident and prepare a report for the ACT Coroner.

Detectives are treating the death as suspicious. Investigations are ongoing, and have included interviews with neighbours and residents in the area.

ABC journalist James Feather, who lives in the building, told local radio this morning that the complex was very new, with residents only moving in late last year and the first ground floor restaurants (which include Beef & Barley, Molto Italian, 7th & Bake Patisserie Cafe and Cinnabar) opening in the last month.

Neighbours the RiotACT spoke to this morning said they had not heard anything unusual during the night, but said that this was not surprising given the apartments are well insulated, with double glazing and, in some cases, air-conditioning running due to the record hot weather.

Police are urging anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious near Eastlake Parade, Kingston, about 1.30am today to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via act.crimestoppers.com.au.

Please quote reference 5927727. Information can be provided anonymously.

Police remind readers they should not report crime information via Facebook and Twitter pages.

Eastlake Parade, Kingston

Photos: CHARLOTTE HARPER

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
7 Responses to
Update: Kingston death deemed not suspicious
dungfungus 7:53 am 02 Mar 16

gooterz said :

dungfungus said :

Holden Caulfield said :

gooterz said :

Very sad.
Not the only recent death on the site.
The concrete worker’s case is still ongoing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/evidence-delays-hearing-into-ben-catanzariti-workplace-death/6733914

Both on the Kingston Foreshore, but two separate building sites.

Wasn’t the old mortuary on one of these sites?
The Kingston foreshores may indeed be already haunted.

Apparently so….
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/old-forensic-medical-centre-on-kingston-foreshore-to-make-way-for-luxury-apartments-20140307-34d63.html
“with a capacity to hold fewer than 20 bodies…[it] will cater for many more when it is converted into a mixed-use residential and commercial development.” eerie

It’s time to call in Tim The Yowie man.

gooterz 2:29 pm 01 Mar 16

dungfungus said :

Holden Caulfield said :

gooterz said :

Very sad.
Not the only recent death on the site.
The concrete worker’s case is still ongoing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/evidence-delays-hearing-into-ben-catanzariti-workplace-death/6733914

Both on the Kingston Foreshore, but two separate building sites.

Wasn’t the old mortuary on one of these sites?
The Kingston foreshores may indeed be already haunted.

Apparently so….
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/old-forensic-medical-centre-on-kingston-foreshore-to-make-way-for-luxury-apartments-20140307-34d63.html
“with a capacity to hold fewer than 20 bodies…[it] will cater for many more when it is converted into a mixed-use residential and commercial development.” eerie

dungfungus 1:18 pm 01 Mar 16

Holden Caulfield said :

gooterz said :

Very sad.
Not the only recent death on the site.
The concrete worker’s case is still ongoing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/evidence-delays-hearing-into-ben-catanzariti-workplace-death/6733914

Both on the Kingston Foreshore, but two separate building sites.

Wasn’t the old mortuary on one of these sites?
The Kingston foreshores may indeed be already haunted.

Holden Caulfield 9:40 am 01 Mar 16

gooterz said :

Very sad.
Not the only recent death on the site.
The concrete worker’s case is still ongoing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/evidence-delays-hearing-into-ben-catanzariti-workplace-death/6733914

Both on the Kingston Foreshore, but two separate building sites.

gooterz 12:30 am 01 Mar 16

Very sad.
Not the only recent death on the site.
The concrete worker’s case is still ongoing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/evidence-delays-hearing-into-ben-catanzariti-workplace-death/6733914

Charlotte Harper 11:52 am 29 Feb 16

Yes, just updated the story.

Holden Caulfield 11:41 am 29 Feb 16

Apparently this death has been declared as non-suspicious by ACT Police.

Very sad.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site