Need your clothes professionally cleaned? Not sure which is the best dry cleaner in the Canberra region?
You’ve landed in the right place.
We’ve put together a list of the top three dry cleaners in Canberra. Trust these local businesses if you want your clothes cleaned, not ruined.
If you have a favourite dry cleaner, or a dry-cleaning horror story, share it in the comments section below. We’d love to read your feedback.
What Makes a Reliable Dry Cleaner?
Cleaning clothes – who knew it could be so complex?
When it comes to having your best clothing items professionally cleaned, you want to be 100 percent sure you can trust your dry cleaners. You want to avoid shrinking, staining, and tearing at all costs.
So, what exactly should you look for in a reliable dry cleaner? Here’s what we think.
- Experienced. Different fabrics demand different cleaning treatments. The more experience a dry cleaner has, the more likely they will know exactly how to manage your clothing item.
- Prompt. Need a suit or dress cleaned for a special occasion? If you answered yes, look for a dry cleaner with a prompt turn-around.
- Up-to-date services. The dry-cleaning process is not immune to advances in technology. You wouldn’t clean your home with a vacuum from the 70s, so why send your clothes to a dry cleaner that fails to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest in the industry.
- Reliable. The best dry cleaners are reliable. They get the job done on time, and they keep the promises they make.
- Friendly. If you get your clothes dry cleaned on a regular basis, you want a dry cleaner with a friendly attitude.
- Fairly priced. Drying cleaning should not cost a small fortune. The best dry cleaners charge a fair price for their services.
- A great reputation. The best dry cleaners have a great reputation, and a number of loyal customers. If your friend recommends a great dry cleaner, listen. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find a quality service provider.
Do you agree with our list? What would you add to it?
The Top Dry Cleaners in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Our Dry Cleaners & Key King is a family-owned business that prides itself on delivering high-quality dry cleaning services to the Canberra community.
All staff are qualified and professionally trained. In fact, the team at Our Dry Cleaners & Key King undergoes regular training sessions to ensure they are up-to-date with the latest garment care and cleaning innovations.
In addition to dry cleaning, Our Dry Cleaners & Key King offers expert tailoring, repairs, key cutting, rubber stamp creation, laser and hand engravings, shoe repairs, and more.
Looking for an environmentally-friendly alternative to conventional dry cleaning? Canberra Eco Clean is the dry cleaners for you.
Since 2001, Canberra Eco-Clean has provided both domestic and commercial customers with the latest eco garment cleaning.
Instead of traditional dry-cleaning practices, Canberra Eco-Clean uses an innovative wet cleaning system. Wet cleaning involves sophisticated microprocessor technology to prevent damage, and ensure your whites and colours are brighter, fresher, and reinvigorated.
Bell’s Dry Cleaners is a locally-owned family business that has been servicing the Canberra and Queanbeyan region since 1974.
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Bell’s is widely considered a world-leader in the dry-cleaning industry. Their expert staff offer fast dry-cleaning and repair services for all clothing, including wedding dresses and shirts, as well as household items.
Bell’s Dry Cleaners can be found in nine convenient locations in the Canberra area.
Your Experience with Dry Cleaners in the Canberra Area
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Do you have a favourite dry cleaner in the Canberra region? Let us know your experience.
Or, have you dealt with an unskilled dry cleaner that’s done more harm than good? Let us know in the comments section below.