Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Recruiting experts in
Accountancy & Finance

Fire in Hughes

By johnboy - 31 July 2010 0

The following in from the ESA:

9:25am Saturday 31 July 2010 – Elderly man rescued from house fire A neigbour has rescued an elderly man from his home in Hughes this morning after a fire started inside.

The ACT Fire Brigade responded with two fire pumpers to the Glasgow Street property just before 9 o’clock.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire before any major damage was caused.

The fire was caused by clothing left to close to a heater.

The ACT Fire Brigade reminds all householders to leave at least a one metre clearance between heaters and combustible material such as clothing and curtains.

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site