Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Business

A consulting company that trust its employees to do great work

Gas stove/oven seems busted – recommendations?

By koalathebear 29 October 2010 6

Hi

Our gas oven and stove seem to be playing up a little.  Strange smells and weird sounds … we want to get it looked into as soon as possible. 

Looking through the Chronicle is always so hit and miss – can anyone recommend any trustworthy and reliable tradesman for repairing a gas stove and oven? 

Thanks heaps in advance!


What’s Your opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
6 Responses to
Gas stove/oven seems busted – recommendations?
Filter
Showing only Website comments
Order
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
Felix the Cat 9:04 pm 29 Oct 10

Not Tradeworks

Punter 3:52 pm 29 Oct 10

Bob Myers of Southside Gas Appliance Service repaired our wall furnace some time ago. His service was outstanding, he may be able to help you with your oven. M: 0418659035 or AH: 62884532.

Captain RAAF 1:05 pm 29 Oct 10

fermion said :

We have a Mayner and Cochran magnet on the fridge (6280 6833). Has anyone used them? Are they any good?

Dunno, depends on where you put the magnet I spose. If you had a leak in your sink, the placing of the magnet over the hole may stop the leak but it won’t work in an aluminium boat, keep that in mind!

A magnet can help keep small doors closed so if your fridge has problems staying closed maybe sticky tape the Mayner and Cochrane magnet inside the door?

They can be useful in holding bills you need to pay onto the fridge door but you probably already knew that.

I’m not sure how useful they would be in fixing a noisy, smelly oven though, unless you could jam it into whatever was making the noise and it was one of those rare, scented fridge magnets?

fermion 12:41 pm 29 Oct 10

We have a Mayner and Cochran magnet on the fridge (6280 6833). Has anyone used them? Are they any good?

Captain RAAF 11:10 am 29 Oct 10

Turn it on without igniting it, that way if a cat or possum has taken up residence it will kill it (about 15 minutes if it’s as effective as carbon monoxide is on a cat in a garbage bag)

or,

Strange smells/sounds may mean something has dropped onto the fan and/or element. The smell could be something melting.

Because you have provided only bugger all info on the smell and sound, this advice incurs a $90 call out fee.

Monopoly money in an envelope welcomed as I can use it in Fyshwick!

Thoroughly Smashed 10:18 am 29 Oct 10

Maybe a hobo has taken up residence?

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2018 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site