We’re reviving the notices section on RiotACT.
Notices will be consolidated through the month and bumped back onto the front page every Saturday. Just use the contact form, or email email@example.com. Things for sale, events, notifications, warnings, personals, knock yourselves out.
And so here they are:
- Socialist Alternative meets every Thursday at 6 pm in Room G 52 of the Haydon Allen Building at the ANU. Meetings include:
31 July Imperialism and Australia’s role in it.
7 August Why “happy” families often aren’t: A marxist explanation
14 August Why Rudd’s policies won’t fix climate change.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.sa.org.au
Derek Wrigley, renowned author, architect, industrial designer and solar consultant, will be talking to us about how we can retrofit our homes to reduce energy and water use in Canberra’s climate.
All welcome! Gold Coin Donation appreciated.
Where: Majura Community Centre, Rosevear Pl, Dickson.
When: Wednesday, 13/08/2008, 7 pm.
For more information please contact Vanessa Morris on 6248 0885 or email email@example.com
SEE-Change: Local communities working together for a healthier planet! www.see-change.org.au
- Bunch of free IT Gear.
I have a stack of free IT Gear, with the caveats:
you must come pick it up ; you must take _ALL_ of it ; it must be gone by the 13th of August (and i’m away next week)
It includes: sun ultra1e, sun ss10, tevion wireless survellance cams, 2 ~2gb IDE drives, 2 ~6GB laptop drives, box of ram for Sun and P2/3 series x86, 3 wireless network cards (2 belkin 11mb, 1 dlink 54mb) a sun type4 keyboard, compaq ps2 keyboard, a set of unpowered speakers. bundle of random cables for power, interfaces, network, sun611 diskpack with a HP scsi cdwriter.
I simply can’t be bothered trying to sell it piece by piece.. and i’d feel bad if i threw it all out.
Mods can provide my email address [ED – In future it really is not unreasonably to ask you to supply whatever contact details you’re comfortable with]. I’m located in the outer inner north west suburbs. (Ok ok, Belconnen.)
- I am feeling the restoration project itch come on again and I need a car to cure me.
I am looking for your broken, weary and unwanted car. I want something old (ie 50s, 60s, 70s, early 80s) and usable. I am not interested if it has a chassis and body made of rust. I am a sucker for Minis, Geminis, Escorts, Datsuns, Austins, VWs and most other old stuff.
I am also looking to spend very little (preferably nothing) on the car so I can put more money into the restoration. I promise that I will take you for a ride when it is done, and if you are keen to join in you can come and give me a hand anytime.
If you can help me send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you within hours, maybe even minutes.
- Im looking for interested musicians and groups who want to make recordings.
Ive got a wide slection of quality mics and equipment as well as recording experience.
All types of music will be considered APART FROM HEAVEY METAL. No I dont hate metal its just I cant get into it like I used to and I dont want to be involved in projects that cause me pain.
Get in touch if you are interested- what have you got to lose? Maybe we could have some fun and record some beautiful music.
- I am looking to come to Canberra, start over and return to work. I have recent and older courses in business and administration and would seek work as administrator or personal assistant. I am >30 and previously worked in my early 20s in a series of short-term elementary temporary type jobs. I think I am not fussy, but its important to me here that I can get a fair go if I’m seeking work, many of the places when I went to Syd rejected me because I was not anatomically correct. [more in my contribution to papadoc needing job thread].
- i was just wondering if anyone happen to know or have a house to sit in soon? i am currently working on my financial and need to tighten a bit of money since the rent is ridiculously expensive here in Canberra. it would be great if you can help me..some place in north canberra will be preferable. ta
- Kent does Mamma Mia
Gary Kent, Liberal Candidate for Molonglo is holding a Mamma Mia the Movie fundraiser on Sunday, 27 July 2008 at Hoyts Woden starting at 4.30pm. Tickets are $25 (adults) and $10 (children).
Tickets can be obtained from email@example.com or by phone 6260 7343.