Andrew Barr has announced big changes to the National Sports Club at Lyneham:
The Government’s $4 million investment will focus on the tennis court component of the redevelopment and will complement Tennis Australia’s commitment to bring a range of events to Lyneham each year such as Junior Tour events, Australian Money Tournaments, National Junior Championships and Pro Tour events.
Once completed, the facility will have:
• a gymnasium,
• aquatic facilities: a 25m indoor pool and outdoor pools,
• 14 hard court tennis courts (10 outdoor, 4 indoor)
• 8 sand-filled artificial grass tennis courts,
• 6 clay tennis courts,
• 6 squash courts,
• a cafe and lounge area,
• ancillary specialty shops, and
• Tennis ACT administration offices and meeting spaces.