Canberra Author Troy Simpson has set his ambitions high — in fact, 34,000ft high.
He’s just been named 1 of only 10 Finalists in Stoli Vodka Australia’s nationwide search for Australia’s “most original person”.
If Troy wins, he will be sent on a zero-gravity flight, will attend a party in Los Angeles, and will tour the Playboy Mansion.
But just how original is Troy?
Well, using figures from the United States, Googled especially for this article:
- 127 out of 300,000,000 people are called “Troy Simpson”
- around 4% of the general population is gay
- 13.9% of men in the general population are virgins
- 2.3% of the general population have obsessive-compulsive disorder
- and no figures could be found (using a quick Google search) of the number of people with no earlobes.
These traits alone make Troy a more than 1-in-a-million chance. He’s more like a 1-in-a-some-very-large-figure-indeed chance.
And if he experiences weightlessness, which very few people have, then he will become even more original.
You can judge Troy’s claim to originality by watching his video here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/StoliVodkaAustralia/142211715812677?sk=app_109690879121757&app_data=finalists%2F13 (make sure you “Like” the application first so you can see the video).
As an extra incentive for voting, voters who help select the winner will have a chance to win some great Stoli prizes!
Voting closes 15 November 2011, so please hurry, and vote for originality. Vote for Troy!