Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Skilled legal advice with
accessible & personal attention

Phillip apartment fire

By johnboy - 8 May 2012 0

ACT Fire & Rescue and ACT Ambulance Service on scene at a fire in a kitchen of a single bedroom unit on Mansfield Place, Phillip.

Fire has been extinguished and contained to the kitchen in the upstairs apartment of the two storey building.

A neighbour in the apartment complex heard a smoke alarm, called Emergency Triple Zero (000) at 7.58pm and ACT Fire & Rescue responded with two fire pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus van, the specialist Hazardous Materials unit and a command vehicle.

ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics have treated a 50-year-old male for mild smoke inhalation and transported the patient to The Canberra Hospital.

Update to follow.

8:33pm Tuesday 8 May 2012

ACT Fire & Rescue has left the scene after completing ventilation operations.

Cause of fire deemed accidental with food left cooking unattended on the stove.

Estimated damage $10,000.

ACT Fire & Rescue remind the community to “Don’t stop looking while you’re cooking”.

9:12pm Tuesday 8 May 2012

[Courtesy ESA]

Tags

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site