1. There have been strange doings in Amaroo:
- ACT Policing has arrested a 34-year-old Amaroo man for multiple charges of using a carriage service to menace two men.
Police will allege the man sent threatening text messages to the victims threatening their lives.
A search warrant was executed on Friday (November 15) on the alleged offender’s home, resulting in police seizing a number of items including two prohibited weapons, being a sling shot and an extendable baton and an amount of white powder suspected to be methamphetamine.
The alleged offender will face the ACT Magistrates Court today (November 17) charged with four counts of using a carriage service to menace, two counts of possession of prohibited weapons and one count of possession of a prohibited substance.
- ACT Policing is investigating an incident which occurred at Beattie Crescent, Richardson on Saturday night (November 15).
About 11.20pm, police responded to a report of an altercation which resulted in a 23-year-old man from Richardson receiving serious head injuries.
The man was conveyed by ACT Ambulance to Canberra Hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
3. Civic Biffo!
- ACT Policing is investigating the assault of two men that occurred in Civic early this morning (Sunday 16th November).
At approximately 5.11am two men were assaulted in an altercation with another male on the corner of London Circuit and Akuna Street in Civic.
The first victim, a 26 year old man from Chapman, suffered head injuries and was conveyed by ACT Ambulance to Canberra Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The second victim also aged 26 from Holder, suffered minor injuries.
- ACT Policing is seeking witnesses to an aggravated robbery which occurred at the Westfield Woden Plaza car park, Phillip, on Saturday (November 15).
Around 3.30pm police attended the level two car park opposite the cinema after a 22-year-old Calwell man was punched in the face and robbed.
The victim stated that while in the company of a female friend, seated in the passenger seat of her car, an unidentified male has opened the door and began punching the victim. The victim sustained minor injuries to his face.
During the assault the offender has threatened the victim with further injury before robbing him of $30.
The offender is described as in his late 20s to early 30s, around 180cms (5’11”) tall, with a muscular build, short spiked blond hair and wearing a light blue t-shirt and light coloured shorts. The vehicle is described as a blue two door hatch back parked in the southernmost aisle of the car park near Callam Street.
If you can help police contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or via the Crime Stoppers website on www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.