1. Moulden Court, Belconnen was the scene of an aggravated burglary on Monday:
- About 2.45pm, Monday, August 18, a male offender allegedly climbed up and over the balcony of the first floor apartment and gained access through an unlocked door.
Upon entry, the alleged offender was confronted by a female occupant whom he threatened with a knife. The female then fled the apartment and was unhurt in the incident.
The offender allegedly stole a handbag and fled the area on a dark coloured mountain bike.
The offender is described as being darker skinned, approximately 180cm (5’11”) tall, of skinny build, wearing dark clothing, a dark beanie and piece of dark fabric covering his nose and mouth.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
2. Wednesday night saw a glassing in Kaleen:
- Police will allege the man been involved in an argument with a 21-year-old man in Georgina Crescent, Kaleen, around 7.30pm yesterday when the alleged offender became violent and used a broken glass to strike out at the victim.
The victim sustained lacerations to his face and neck and was hospitalised.
The alleged offender fled the scene but a number of police resources were deployed to search for him and he was arrested around 9pm by members of ACT Policing’s Specialist Response and Security team in Onkaparinga Crescent, Kaleen.
3. An aggravated burglary at ANU on Wednesday night saw a women take a clout after being threatened with a knife:
- About 8.30pm yesterday, the female victim was working in an office at the ANU when the male offender allegedly entered, threatened the victim with a knife, demanded money and then struck the victim causing her to fall.
The offender then fled the building in the direction of Marcus Clarke Street toward the city and the victim’s purse was recovered at the bottom of a stairwell with cash and debit card missing. The victim was treated at the scene.
The offender is described as being European in appearance, aged in his late 20’s to early 30’s, of solid build with broad shoulders and wearing a black coat and black gloves.
4. Even worse in Gungahlin earlier today with a burglar using a jemmy bar to demand the keys to his victim’s Honda Civic:
- The incident occurred around 11.20am today when the victim, who had been asleep upstairs in his townhouse, heard a noise downstairs and went to investigate.
He was then confronted and threatened by the offender, who is described as Caucasian, approximately 183cm (6’0”) tall, with a slim build, dark hair and short, dark facial hair. The offender was wearing a silver-coloured top and dark track pants.
Police believe the stolen Honda Civic (ACT registration number YEK 06M) also contained a Samsung television, credit cards and other personal items taken from the victim’s residence. The silver Honda has 16-inch factory wheels, dark blue leather seats and a cream interior.
If you can help police in any way contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online via www.act.crimestoppers.com.au