1. There was a death on the roads of Forrest over the weekend:
- ACT Policing is currently investigating a fatal collision that occurred today (28 September) in Forrest.
At approximately 7.40pm an 87 year old woman was struck by a car at the intersection of Canberra Avenue and National Circuit.
The woman was conveyed to Canberra hospital by ACT Ambulance in a critical condition, however died a short time later.
2. There’s also a headline up but with the link giving a 404 which I’m extremely intrigued by: “Vessel comes under star picket attack”. Feel free to indulge in speculation on this until the media release finally arrives online.
It’s here now, and just as exciting as we’d hoped for:
- ACT Policing is investigating a dangerous incident involving a vessel which occurred on Lake Burley Griffin over the weekend.
About 9:45am on Saturday (September 27) the paddle steamer the PS Enterprise was heading on an easterly course under Commonwealth Avenue Bridge when a male threw a star picket at the boat from the northbound footpath of the bridge. There were six people onboard the vessel at the time.
The star picket was thrown in a spear-like fashion and punched a hole in the timber wheelhouse of the vessel. No one was injured during the incident.
Water police arrived alongside the PS Enterprise within minutes of the offence and after an extensive search of the area there was no further sighting of the offender.
The male offender is described as 40 to 50 years of age, with a stocky build, short brown hair, and was wearing dark clothing.
3. It’s also National Police Remembrance Day. Simon Corbell has laid a wreathe.
Anyone who can help the police can call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report via the Crime Stoppers website on www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.