Planning your special day? Ensure the memories made will last a lifetime with top quality, professional photographs.
After consulting our readers’ feedback and local knowledge, we’ve come up with a list of the top wedding photographers in Canberra.
If you have worked with a photographer in the region before, do share your experience in the comments section below. We’d love to read it.
What Makes a Great Wedding Photographer?
There are few days as meaningful as your wedding, and beautiful photographs capture the joy, love, and celebration.
When deciding on a wedding photographer for your big day, you’ll want to be 100 percent certain you are getting your money’s worth. Here are a few traits we suggest keeping an eye out as you research potential photographers.
- An inspiring portfolio. Most wedding photographs have extensive online portfolios showcasing their previous work. Look for a photographer with a style that speaks to you and an aesthetic that matches the theme of your wedding day.
- Reliable. On your wedding day, the last thing you need is something else to stress out about. The best wedding photographers get the job done as expected.
- Friendly. Remember that the photographer your hire will attend your wedding. You want a photographer with a friendly attitude that can fit seamlessly into the day’s proceedings.
- Experienced. Taking a photo isn’t as easy as it looks! The best wedding photographers know exactly how to arrange both large and small crowds.
- Knowledgeable. The best wedding photographers are Photoshop whizzes and can process your images without making them look fade or over-edited.
The Top 3 Wedding Photographers in Canberra
After reading through your comments, and doing a little research of our own, we’ve come up with this list of the top three wedding photographers in Canberra.
Let’s get right into it.
1. Bad Cat Photography
Principal photographer Bec is at the helm of Bad Cat Photography. After completing an art degree at ANU, Bec has been working as a professional photographer. As well as her extensive wedding experience, she has taken stunning fashion, food, portrait, and lifestyle photos.
Bad Cat Photograph services the entire Canberra region, as well as Wollongong, Sydney, and the South and Central Coast.
One of our commenters, sarahlucy, had this to say about Bad Cat: “I got married five years ago and was very happy with the prices and service I had from my photographer.”
2. Kerry Sleeman Photography
Kerry Sleeman Photography is a boutique family business offering impeccable wedding photography. Chief photographer Kerry Sleeman is an AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer and has also completed a Masters in Makeup Artistry and Hair Style. She can provide a full service to her clients, from styling to professional prints.
3. Anthea and Lyndon
If you are looking for professional photographers with a creative edge, consider duo photographers Anthea and Lyndon. This quirky pair offers stunning wedding photographs and emotive videography in the Canberra region and beyond.
Your Experience with Wedding Photographers in Canberra
Have you worked with a wedding photographer in Canberra? Share your feedback – good or bad – below.