Canberra Theatre Centre’s CTC At Home program continues this week, bringing you the best of Canberra’s music, theatre and performing arts scene in the comfort of your own home.
Following on from his double A-side release ‘Make It Right’ / ‘Still Waters’, Evan Buckley of The Burley Griffin is set to perform an acoustic set on Wednesday evening. On Friday night, catch pop maverick Marét as she stops in for an intimate set.
The Basement is following up on their promise to deliver regular in-person gigs for Canberra audiences this weekend. Head there on Friday for Live, Local & Loud – a celebration of six local bands who have been forced into hibernation for the first half of the year. Stick around until Saturday and you’ll be able to catch the triumphant return of metal with Black Mountain, The Plague and more.
Where: The Basement, Belconnen
When: Friday from 7:00 pm
The Basement looks to continue their program of COVID-safe gigs this weekend. Renegade Peacock, Escape Syndrome, Slagatha Christie, Hence The Testbed and Beta Blockers are all set to perform at the aptly-named Live, Local & Loud show on Friday. Earlybird tickets are already sold out and given that the venue will be running at a lower capacity than usual, punters are advised to lock in tickets before heading to the show.
Where: Streaming online
When: Friday and Saturday, from 7:30 pm
Four of the city’s most accomplished songwriters and performers are taking over the Live In Ya Lounge stage this weekend. On Friday, young singer-songwriters and IRL friends Lucy Sugerman and Sophie Edwards will share stories and songs from across their already-extensive careers. Come Saturday, expect an equal mix of energy and insight from local rappers Citizen Kay and Kirklandd.
- CTC At Home: Evan Buckley – 6:00 pm.
- Outer Rhythm @ The Basement – 8:00 pm
- Acoustic Sessions @ The Kurrajong Hotel – 4:00 pm
- NFSA Virtual Vinyl Lounge – 5:30 pm
- Leisa Keen Trio @ Tuggeranong Arts Centre – 6:00 pm
- CTC At Home: Marét – 6:00 pm
- Live, Local & Loud @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Live In Ya Lounge: Lucy Sugerman + Sophie Edwards – 7:30 pm.
- Mike & Deej @ Belconnen Fresh Food Markets – 11:00 am
- Live Metal Is Back @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Citizen Kay + Kirklandd: Live In Ya Lounge – 7:30 pm.
- Alec Randles @ Belconnen Fresh Food Markets – 11:00 am
- Sunday Live Uke Session – 1:00 pm
- Chillin’ At The Shed @ Artists Shed – 2:00 pm.
- Leisa Keen & John Mackey @ Molly – 6:00 pm.