The Canberra Cross Country Ski Club invites you to learn about the different types of cross country skiing and the wide range of cross country ski activities available in the Australian Alps.
Club meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month from May to September at the Hughes Community Centre at 7:30pm for 7:45pm start. Just turn up and if you decide to join; single membership is only $50, and $65 for a family.
The Canberra Cross Country Ski club (CCCSC) was incorporated in the 1980s to foster cross country (free heel) skiing in Australia for all skill and age levels of cross country skiing.
Come to any club night to learn about the club and the fun, low cost activities it offers members including:
- Regular ski tours throughout the NSW Alps with experienced leaders to suit your level of skiing and interests with organised car-pooling.
- Come and Try Weekend with accredited instructors for all age/skill levels – 7 to 9 Jul. Beginners particularly welcome with low cost accommodation and instruction provided by the club.
- Lodge weekends for in the mountains at economy rates
- 10% discount on ski and hire gear at selected outlets
- Regular social events and information nights with guest speakers and planning for ski trips.
- Cross country ski racing including the annual Kosciusko Classic sponsored by the club.
- Newsletter about club and member activities
- Website http://www.cccsc.asn.au/ join on line and keep up to date with club ski tours and other activities
- Google Group membership with rapid updates on impromptu ski trips.
The Club will be involved with the following activities and events in 2017:
- Supporting the Come and Try Day at Perisher on 8 July.
- Lodge Weekends at Kalkite on the nights of 7 & 8 July to coincide with the Come and Try Day, and on 27 & 29 July (see below).
- Social Meetings at Hughes Community Centre. The dates for the social meetings will be: 24 May, 14 Jun, 28 Jun, 12 Jul, 26 Jul, 16 Aug, 30 Aug, 13 Sept and 27 Sept.
- Supporting the Perisher XC Week during the second week in August.
- Organising the Kosciuszko Tour ski race at Perisher (on the 19 August).
- A Lodge Weekend at Charlotte Pass in mid October.
Caption’s: Top, Perisher Cross Country Ski Centre. Above, Coffee Ski Run Aug 2016. Photos supplied.