Looking for qualified individuals for your business? Or maybe you’re planning a change of career. Either way, working with a recruitment agency can make finding quality staff or employment opportunities quick and easy.
Whether you operate in finance, law, property or hospitality, finding and securing excellent staff members can be a challenge. Often you are left with a pool of applicants that just don’t cut it. How can you get your business’s job opening in front of the right people?
Similarly, seeking out job openings relevant to your specialist qualifications and experience isn’t always easy. What more can you do to ensure you don’t miss that perfect career opportunity?
The answer is simple: Work with a reliable recruitment agency.
Recruitment agencies can help you hire the right candidate for both long-term and contract work. Or, they can help you secure your dream job.
In this article, we’ll run through the top recruitment agencies in Canberra.
What Makes a Great Recruitment Agency?
Before we get into the top recruitment agencies, let’s have a quick look at the traits Canberra’s best recruitment agencies have in common.
- Diversity. Different businesses have different hiring objectives, just as job seekers have different workplace preferences. The best recruitment agencies provide assistance to a diverse range of businesses and offer a broad range of employment opportunities.
- Networked. In recruitment, it’s all about who you know. The main function of a recruitment agency is to connect qualified candidates with businesses and organisations. The best recruitment agencies in Canberra are well networked and have contacts with leading employers.
- Attentive. At the end of the day, recruitment agencies in Canberra are providing a service. They should be attentive to your needs and unique requirements, whether you are a business looking for staff, or an individual looking for work.
- Knowledgeable. While it is important for a recruitment agency to cater to a diverse range of industries, it’s also vital that their staff are knowledgeable about your industry. They should understand exactly what you are looking for in an employee or employer, including the types of qualifications and required experience.
- Experienced. The best recruitment agencies proactively share past successes with potential customers. Don’t be afraid to find out about other companies and organisations they have worked with.
The Top Canberra Recruitment Agencies According to You
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Specialising in government and private sector consulting, Canberra’s own Rubik3 offers contract and permanent resources in ICT and support, accounting and finance, policy, program and administration. Its strategic resourcing business provides the right person for the right team and environment. Founded in 2014, Rubik3 was also named Australia’s number one start up in 2018.
Michael Page International is an industry-leading recruitment agency that works with some of the world’s top companies – including those right here in Canberra. Its experienced and knowledgeable team helps organisations find staff and individuals secure long-term, temporary and contract work.
This recruitment agency caters to a wide range of industries, including finance, legal, IT, marketing and sales. In Canberra, it focuses on both government and private sector businesses.
Michael Page claims that 90 percent of its business comes from repeat clients and referrals, which suggests that it consistently finds and places the best candidates in the most suitable roles.
Horizon One is an award-winning Canberra recruitment agency. It specialises in areas including finance, government, HR, marketing, property, and independent consultants.
Horizon One positions itself as a professional services business with a focus on consulting and building deep client and candidate relationships. As one of the fastest-growing recruitment agencies in the Canberra region, over 96 percent of its candidates would recommend Horizon One to others, while 90 percent rate the firm’s performance as excellent or good.
With expertise and industry knowledge, Horizon One’s friendly team helps individuals and companies alike uncover a suitable hiring and employment solution.
Land your dream job or discover your ideal employee with recruitment specialists at Hays. With job offerings and recruitment services available to companies and individuals working in just about any industry, this highly-regarded recruitment agency can make the hiring process a whole lot easier. Hays is an Australia-wide company with a strong local presence.
Whether you need a full-blown recruitment service, advice, or to check your potential salary, the team at Hays can help.
Cantlie is an executive recruiting partner that provides specialist recruitment services to Canberra and the region. Founded in Canberra in 2005, it works closely with both companies and individuals to streamline hiring and provide independent, expert advice.
Cantlie specialises in the recruitment of chief executive/executives for not for profit, education and private sector organisations, as well as insourced recruitment services. Its unique approach to recruitment is supported by its continued connection to Canberra through professional relationships, community engagement and sponsorships.
For businesses, Cantlie becomes an extension of your HR team. Its team gets to know your business’s needs and goals, and offers a worldwide network of potential employees.
For individuals, Cantlie can provide both employment opportunities and executive mentoring sessions to help you discover your potential and map out your next move.
Your Experience with Canberra Recruitment Agencies
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra recruitment agencies. Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?