Looking for a reliable payroll service in the Canberra region? You’ve landed in the right place.
Whether you are looking for guidance on withholding tax or paying your Superannuation, an experienced, competent payroll expert can help. They can answer your basic questions, such as ‘do I need insurance?’ and ‘how do I pay tax?’, as well as ensure the correct amount of money is transferred into the correct accounts on time. Critically, a payroll service will make sure that you or your business is meeting all regulatory and legislative compliance standards.
We asked Canberra locals to share their top picks for payroll services in the region. In this article, we’ll share the three most popular recommendations. Let’s get started right away.
Not exactly sure what you are looking for in a payroll service provider? No worries. Start by keeping an eye out for the following traits:
- Experienced. Years of experience give some payroll service providers the edge over their competitors. If they’ve been in the industry for some time, they’ve seen it all before and can help you and your business thrive.
- Up-to-date with the latest compliance standards. Compliance standards are always evolving, and keeping up with changing rules and regulations is key to the success and longevity of your business.
- Expertise in your specific industry. If you operate within a particular industry – for example, the IT or medical industry – you might like to work with a payroll service provider that has specific expertise in that industry.
- Honest and upfront. When it comes to financial matters, integrity is essential. Be sure the payroll service provider you choose is transparent on all financial matters.
- Flexibility. No two businesses are the same, and that’s why the best payroll providers offer flexible services so you can get the help you need without blowing your budget.
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Canberra locals have spoken. Here are the top payroll service providers in the region.
An Australian-owned and operated business, the team behind PayMe prides themselves on delivering the highest industry standard of payroll services with meticulous attention to detail and integrity. This award-winning company specialises in contracting payroll because they know just how challenging it can be to get paid on time. What’s more, they can help you keep up with any compliance requirements, so you and your business successfully meet all legal and tax responsibilities.
By utilising the most innovative payroll software or by devising a hybrid payroll system for your business, White Pillar can help you streamline your business practices, saving you both time and money. Their professional, cost-effective services are ideal for businesses of all sizes operating in all industries, including not-for-profit organisations and independent contractors.
For more than a decade, the dedicated team behind Bookssorted have assisted Australian IT contractors in taking control of their payroll processes. Accuracy and outstanding service are their passion, and ensuring you get paid on time is their promise. Bookssorted understands the unique demands of the IT industry, so if you’re an independent IT contractor, it could be worth getting in touch with their team.
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you worked with a payroll services provider in the Canberra region? Who did you pick? Share your real-life experience – positive or negative – in the comments area below for our readers to check out.