It’s a fact: everyone deserves to live and work in a safe environment. But what can you do to ensure your home or business is as safe as possible?
High-quality, properly installed fire protection is one way to safeguard your property and the people in it.
Fire protection includes precautionary and fire-fighting equipment like smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems – all of which requires expert design, installation and regular maintenance. If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want dodgy or poorly maintained fire protection in an emergency.
In this article, we’ll outline what to look for in a fire protection service provider, and where to find the best in Canberra.
Let’s get right to it.
What makes a great fire protection service provider?
Because of the important role that fire protection plays in keeping your home or workplace safe, it pays to choose your fire protection service provider wisely.
We suggest keeping an eye out for the following when selecting a fire protection service provider:
- Relevant accreditations and insurances. Fire protection service providers are required to hold certain accreditations and insurances. These ensure staff are trained to install fire equipment securely and to required standards.
- Expertise and experience. Experience is vital when it comes to installing both straightforward and more complex fire safety equipment. Your chosen fire protection service provider should have expertise in handling everything from fire doors and extinguishers to sprinkler systems and alarms.
- Comprehensive services. Depending on the size and nature of your residential or commercial premises, you’ll need a unique range of fire services. The best providers offer the full spectrum, from basic to complex.
- Friendly, professional staff. Customer service is important in every industry. Look for a company that shows both you and your property respect.
- Transparent pricing. Your service provider should be upfront with you about how much things will cost. Quotes and invoices should be transparent, with no unexpected fees or charges.
The top fire protection service providers in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
From design and installation to commissioning and maintenance, O’Neill and Brown Fire Services (ONBFS) takes a holistic approach to fire systems. Whether you need a routine service for an existing system or a new system designed, ONBFS can help. Its team covers all aspects of fire protection systems to the highest industry standards and regulatory codes.
With over 15 years of experience, ONBFS can help you with fire alarm and evacuation systems, smoke detection systems, fire pumps and tanks, fire hose reel services and more. It prides itself on delivering work that is both innovative and cost-effective.
Here’s what happy customer Jane had to say about her experience with ONBFS on Google Reviews: “Highly recommend Matthew and his team. Knowledgeable and affordable, with great service and communication.”
OBrien Fire Protection Service is a fire protection design, supply, and installation contractor that also delivers reliable and comprehensive inspection, testing, and maintenance services.
With more than 40 years of experience in the Canberra region, the team at OBrien’s delivers a personal and reliable service that is compliant with the National Code of Practice with the Australian Government and is fully insured.
Servicing Canberra, the greater ACT area, and surrounds, the experienced team at FCF Fire and Electrical supply, install and maintain all fire safety equipment. If you’re looking for a fast, friendly, affordable, and reliable service, FCF Fire and Electrical could be the ideal choice.
Here’s what happy customer Joel had to say about FCF Fire and Electrical in a website testimonial: “FCF have been providing Fire Equipment Servicing and Test & Tag to our company for 9 months. What begun as a solution to a problem in North Queensland has quickly evolved into a solid working relationship down the eastern sea board of Australia. The support office are efficient and happy to work with us to meet our clients needs and the service techs who arrive on site are professional, punctual and thorough in the work they do. We have no hesitation in recommending FCF to any company large or small who require Fire Servicing and test And Tagging done.”