Believe it or not, go-karting is one of the world’s most popular motorsports. Whether you’re keen to compete or just want to try it out, there’s no denying that a ride around the go-kart track is serious fun.
One of the best things about go-karting is its versatility – the sport is enjoyed by both committed enthusiasts with their own karts and families with young children on the hunt for a thrill.
Here in Canberra, we have a few go-karting tracks. In this article, we’ll share a bit more information on each. Buckle up!
What makes an excellent go-karting track?
Not sure what you’re looking for in a go-karting track? No worries. The following traits should be top priorities:
- A smooth, enjoyable track.No two go-kart tracks are alike but the very best have a few key things in common: a smooth, well-maintained surface, interesting turns that vary in difficulty, enough space for multiple karts to race, and more.
- High quality, fully functioning karts. If you need to hire a go-kart, you want it to be high quality and fully functioning. No slow, sluggish, or dodgy karts allowed.
- Friendly and experienced staff. If you’ve never been go-karting before, look for staff with plenty of experience and a friendly attitude. Go-karting can be dangerous so you should feel confident in the staff’s ability to keep you safe.
- Fairly priced. Go-karting is fun for the whole family. The best places keep prices fair so you come back again and again.
- Conveniently located. Go-karting tracks take up a ton of space so you’re unlikely to find one in the city centre. That being said, you shouldn’t have to drive too far to get your go-karting kick.
The top go-karting tracks in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
If you’ve wanted to try go-karting for some time now, head to one of the following tracks. You’ll have a blast!
With a 320-metre track of super smooth, manicured concrete – all lined with F1-style barriers – and top quality Italian go-karts for hire, Powerkart Raceway is one of the best places in the region to try go-karting.
The track has been expertly designed to deliver a fun, safe go karting experience for newbies and seasoned racers alike. Suitable for all drivers over the age of six, the whole family can have fun at the Powerkart Raceway.
For the more serious go-karter, the Canberra Kart Racing Club offers a 750-metre track of non-stop action. The track is open to club members every day from 9 am to 5 pm. It’s a great place to improve your skill and fine-tune your racing style.
If competitive go karting is what you’re after, it’s well worth visiting Stable Karting, one of the best professional karting accessory stores in Australia. As one of the country’s leading retailers of racing karts, engines, and motorsport accessories, the passionate team at Stable Karting can set you up to race like a champion.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commentators who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Go Karting.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based Go Karting? Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?