Selling your property in the Gungahlin area? In the market to buy, or need somewhere to rent? Or maybe you just want a professional to manage your investment?
You’ll need a top-notch real estate agent that you can rely on. But as many of our readers will tell you, that’s easier said than done.
In this article, we’ll take a close look at what makes a great real estate agent. Then, we’ll share our top picks for real estate agents in Gungahlin and surrounding suburbs.
Ready to go? Let’s get right to it.
What makes a reliable real estate agent?
We suggest keeping an eye out for the following must-have traits as you decide which Gungahlin real estate agent to work with.
- Years of experience. More often than not, an experienced real estate agent is a great real estate agent. Those that have been through hundreds of sales know how to achieve the best possible outcome for their clients.
- Local knowledge. In-depth knowledge of the local property market is a must-have for reliable real estate agents in Gungahlin. Look for an agent who has spent a considerable amount of time in the area.
- Devoted to customer service. Remember, when you decide on a real estate agent, they are working for you. The best agents are devoted to customer service.
- Honesty. It’s true what they say – honesty is the best policy. Your estate agent should help you set realistic expectations for what price you can secure.
- Drive. The most effective real estate agents have serious drive: to bring prices down, to drive prices up, to secure a fabulous deal for their clients.
The Top Real Estate Agents in Gungahlin According to You
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
Independent in Gungahlin offers a full range of real estate services, including buying, selling, renting, strata management and property management. Its large and experienced team of agents always puts client interests first. They know Gungahlin well and offer some of the ACT’s most sought-after, off-the-plan properties for those choosing their own home or investing.
With a history going all the way back to 1958, Independent is one of Canberra’s oldest and most experienced real estate firms. The Gungahlin team of experts is a mix of backgrounds and ages, capable of servicing all types of clients.
As Hayley Sweet wrote on Google, “I bought my apartment (off the plan) through Independent, and they were extremely helpful and responsive. They even helped set up a special viewing after completion to coincide with me being in/out of the country …”
As the Gungahlin region’s leading estate agency, McGrath is committed to delivering the Gungahlin community an unparalleled real estate experience. Its award-winning team of local agents and property investment managers operate at the forefront of the industry and possess an intimate knowledge of the Gungahlin community.
Established on Hibberson Street in 2010, the agency has grown into a collaborative, intelligent, real estate services business built on technology, marketing, support and community.
Discover Canberra’s thriving real estate scene right here on RiotACT.
Looking to buy? Find your dream home as you explore our featured property picks. Ready to rent? Uncover the perfect rental property for you and your family. Want to stay in the know? Get all the details on new developments in and around the capital, and keep up-to-date with the latest auction results.
RiotACT is home to all the real estate market information you need to land an incredible deal or discover a potential opportunity. Happy house hunting!
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Gungahlin real estate agents.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Gungahlin based real estate agents. Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?