Urology is an area of medicine that focuses on the ailments and diseases of the female and male urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs. After years of specialist training, urologists help treat issues related to the kidneys, bladder, adrenal glands, and more – this includes common conditions like kidney stones and bladder infections.
If you are looking for a trusted urologist in the Canberra region, you’ve come to the right place. We understand that, when it comes to your health and well-being, you only want the very best. And that’s why we asked Canberra’s locals to share their experiences with urologists. Now, the results are in.
In this article, you’ll find the top three practising urologists in Canberra. Let’s get started.
What makes a reliable urologist?
Not sure what, exactly, you are looking for in a urologist? No worries. We recommend keeping an eye out for the following traits:
- All necessary training. Urology is a specialist branch of medicine that requires years of additional training on top of the standard medical degree. All reputable urologists will be more than happy to share their training and experience with you so that you can be confident in their skills and capability.
- Years of experience. Urologists with years of experience have seen it all before. They know exactly how to diagnose and treat both common and unique cases.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment. Many treatments performed by urologists utilise the latest in robotic surgical equipment. Look for a specialist that has been trained and accredited to use these new technologies.
- Friendly, compassionate attitude. Health issues can take a real toll on our emotional well-being. A friendly, compassionate attitude goes a long way in making your experience as positive as possible.
- Suitable availability. Availability is always a concern when seeking the help of medical specialists, so keep that front-of-mind.
The top urologists in Canberra according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
It’s time to introduce the urologists in the Canberra region that locals recommend. Let’s jump right into it.
The dedicated team behind the Canberra Urology and Gynaecology Centre understand that every patient is unique. And that’s why they are prepared to go above and beyond to ensure all individual needs are catered to. Headed by Dr Al-Sameraaii, the centre offers a full range of in-office treatments, including on-site day surgeries. Using state-of-the-art technologies, patients can enjoy a procedure and recovery that’s as comfortable as possible.
For more than 13 years, Dr Hodo Haxhimolla has provided the local community with some of the best urology services in the region. Today, he practices out of the National Capital Private Hospital. Whatever condition or ailment you are dealing with, Haxhimolla Urology can provide thorough, friendly, compassionate assistance.
Situated at the John James Medical Centre in Deakin, The Capital Urology Centre has serviced Canberra’s locals for more than three decades. Headed by Dr Kahloon, a fully accredited and trained Da Vinci robot expert, the centre delivers industry-leading urological assessment and surgical services. All surgeries by Dr Kahloon are performed at the National Capital Private Hospital in Canberra, where patients access an extremely high standard of comfort and care.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you visited a urologist in the Canberra region before? Who did you pick? Did they deliver a high-quality service? Share your experience in the comments area below.