The RiotACT Gig Guide is back for a brand new year of gigs, gigs and more and more gigs! This week’s photo features Video Breezy, who are playing this Friday at Smith’s Alternative, opening for Adelaide band Mogerlaine, travelling on their ‘Divorcee’ tour. Other opening acts will be Greg’s Intervention and Sydney band Down the Middle.
Fuzzsucker, one of LocalnLive’s favourite rock ‘n rollers, has given me a ringing endorsement of Lazertits which I extend to you glorious folk. The punk band hailing from Melbourne will be gracing CBR at the Phoenix from 8 pm as part of their Swim Tits tour, with fellow Victorians Swim Team and local legends Slagatha Christie.
Frenzel Rhomb return to the Basement this Friday as part of the ‘Hi-Vis High Tea’ tour, starting from 8 pm. And while the rest of Canberra is down the South Coast, Batemans Bay’s The Spindrift Saga trade places to headline at Transit Bar with Betty Alto, Travis White and Kate Beck. And check out Punknats on this Saturday, featuring stoner rock Wollongongians Hedge and the mighty Bigots, on at Old Canberra Inn from 5 pm.
- Lazertits and Swim Team summer tour w/ Slagatha Christie @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Blooming @ Smith’s Alternative, 8 pm start
- TAWLS ‘See-Saw’ tour w/ Michael Misa @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 pm start
- Mogerlaine ‘The Divorcee’ tour w/ Video Breezy, Greg’s Intervention and Down The Middle @ Smith’s Alternative, 7.30 pm start
- Frenzal Rhomb ‘Hi-Vis High Tea’ tour @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- The Spindrift Saga w/ Betty Alto, Travis White and Kate Beck @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Slagatha Christie, Adventure Sunday and Azim Zain @ Transit Bar, 5 pm start
- Punknats: The Bigots, Hedge, Minor Surgery and more @ Old Canberra Inn, 5 pm start
- Thompson Springs w/ Brother Be, Dalmacia and House of Strangers @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 – 4 pm
- Little Georgia @ Smith’s Alternative, 4.30 – 6.30 pm
- Pleased To Jive You w/ Potential, Jedbrii and The Wumpaz @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Molsky’s Mountain Drifters @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm