The Get Downs have only just started, but boast many years of experience between them. The band features Bridget Croft who sang with Queen B and the Archers, Chris Gleeson of Missing Lincolns fame, Alex from Space Party and Little Mac & The Monster Men and former Feldons’ James Montgomery-Willcox on bass. They will be opening for Betty Alto at the Polish White Eagle Club on Saturday night from 8 pm, a night also featuring the fantastic Faux Faux Amis and Triply.
Wednesday night features a humongous line-up at the Phoenix, with Northbourne Flats, Sodium Sunday and Hopeless Youth Group amongst many other playing Saving The Pheno, another initiative inviting you music-loving Canberrans to come support The Phoenix – the pub still needs your help!
On Friday, check out Coolio Desgracias & Housemouse’s LP launch, whose lead single “Where Ma Dawgz At?” has blazed across the LocalnLive airwaves for many weeks now. Not only is the album great, but the line-up is fantastic, with Kilroy and Sam King both on the bill. But there is much much more on this weekend; have a flick through what’s on this weekend below!
- Saving The Pheno, One Beer At A Time: Northbourne Flats, Sodium Sunday, Lady Denman, Black Heart and more @ The Phoenix, 6 pm start
- TOBIAS w/ support TBA @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Wavevom and Viral Eyes w/ Teen Jesus & The Jean Teasers @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Smith’s Varietal #110 feat. MC Tim Pearce w/ supports TBA @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Yolanda Brown “Love Politics War” Australian tour @ The Street Theatre, 7.30 pm start
- BAM Trio @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- The Ruminaters “Left Our Jobs Forever” tour w/ Crocodylus and local supports TBA @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Piss Weak Karaoke w/ Chris Endrey @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Mr Rudolpho’s Jubilee @ Smith’s Alternative, 6 – 9 pm
- Collard Greens & Gravy @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start
- Black Rheno w/ Immorium, Blight Worms and Organic Mechanic @ The Basement, 7.30 pm start
- The Knots and Fight Ibis “Riot Pilot” tour w/ supports Sodium Sunday and Slow Dial @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- Karli White, Oksana, Pad Lock and more TBA @ Polish White Eagle Club, 8 pm start
- MoE, DEAD, Needledick and Bloodmouth @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Coolio Desgracias & Housemouse “Deep In The Mick” album launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Caitlin Plunkett @ Old Canberra Inn, 2 – 5 pm
- Canberra Shanty Club @ Smith’s Alternative, 4 – 6 pm
- A Breach of Silence and Hotel w/ Drowning Atlantis, Maris King and Deathbeds @ The Basement, 7 pm start
- Thando “Numb” single launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Coin Toss tour: Pist Idiots, Dumb Punts, Mini Skirt, Charging Stallion and Dickie Birds @ The Phoenix, 7 pm start
- Betty Alto w/ Triply, Faux Faux Amis and The Get Downs @ Polish White Eagle Club, 8 pm start
- Tom Lee-Richards w/ Evan Buckley @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 pm start
- Low Flung, Alicia Sparkles and Trim B @ Bar Rochford, 2 pm start
- Minh Ha @ Old Canberra Inn, 4 – 7 pm
- ‘From Here To Naivety #13’ zine launch w/ Andrew Galan and The Careerists @ Smith’s Alternative, 4 – 6 pm
- Shaun Kirk “Howlin’ At The Moon” tour @ Smith’s Alternative, 7.30 pm start
- Pleased To Jive You w/ JAYNE, Jack Biilmann and Northbourne Flats @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Signals Midwest w/ Azim Zain & His Lovely Bones and Jim Dusty @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.