Alleged Chisholm teen grots to face the court

johnboy 17 February 2013 65

ACT Policing has charged two juvenile males following an aggravated burglary in Chisholm on Friday (February 15).

Police attended a residence in Chisholm in response to reports of an aggravated burglary. They found damage to the property including holes in the interior plaster walls, graffiti, and paint poured and thrown on floors and walls throughout the house.

The alleged offenders are understood to have gained entry to the residence through the rear of the house.

Following police investigations a 13-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy, both from Chisholm, were charged with aggravated burglary and damage property offences.

The two young men will face the ACT Children’s Court at a later date.

[Courtesy ACT Policing]

65 Responses to Alleged Chisholm teen grots to face the court
LSWCHP LSWCHP 9:20 pm 21 Feb 13

IrishPete said :

IP

Look, this is simply wrong. I can’t believe what I’m reading.

Everybody knows that the collective IQ on RA is doubled by *my* presence here. Bwaahahahahah…

poetix poetix 6:53 pm 21 Feb 13

IrishPete said :

IP

Suck!

p

bundah bundah 6:01 pm 21 Feb 13

Pork Hunt said :

IrishPete said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

So what you are basically saying is: you cannot condemn these pos because you do not know the laws or how things should be worded???

If you are a pos that breaks into peeps houses, you do not get redeemed Bcoz someone did not use the right term when calling the, a pos.

How about, if you repeatedly refer to other human beings as pieces of s***, with no regard for their age, their experiences, their background, etc., then you have demonstrated your have no capacity for empathy, and you are becoming one of the people you condemn. Get an education, and try to understand the world, instead of sitting at a computer whingeing.

IP

Self praise is no recommendation 🙂

What are you on about porker,self-aggrandisement is a prerequisite for commenting on RA 🙂

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 5:53 pm 21 Feb 13

IrishPete said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

IP

Self praise is no recommendation 🙂

Ben_Dover Ben_Dover 5:50 pm 21 Feb 13

IrishPete said :

Wrong. To become one of the people he condemns would take a whole personality, moral, and behavioural shift. not just indulging in a bit of internet banter. To equate slagging off some scumbags on an internet debate site, no matter what “their experiences, their background, etc”, is in no way showing equivalence for their actions. The fact that you have swung to the other polar extreme, is a clear indication of how morally, ethically and legally bankrupt your ideas are.

IrishPete said :

Pot / kettle. Or one could always say

” if you repeatedly refer to other human beings as needing an education, with no regard for their age, their experiences, their background, etc., then you have demonstrated your have no capacity for empathy, and you are becoming one of the people you condemn.

IrishPete said :

.Sometimes I think my presence on Riot Act doubles the average IQ (but only when JohnBoy’s away from his desk.)

IP

And you’d be totally wrong, (and a suckhole.)

IrishPete IrishPete 4:48 pm 21 Feb 13

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

IP

IrishPete IrishPete 4:44 pm 21 Feb 13

chewy14 said :

So what you’re suggesting is that the government should step in and remove these children from these dysfunctional households?
That the government should actively work to prevent these types of people from having kids in the first place instead of promoting and helping them to have children through various welfare initiatives?

I agree.

I might not word it exactly this way, but basically, yes. Though it’s hard to prevent people having kids (forced sterilisation went out of fashion after Hitler and Stalin, though it may still be in fashion China; I don’t know), you can look at the financial and social incentives and disincentives. But note from my post that it’s not all about money – well-off people also abuse their partners in front of the children, or sexually and/or physically abuse the children. None of which is good for the kids’ development of empathy. And without empathy, what would stop you trashing someone’s house for fun? “No-one cares about me, so why should I care about anyone else?”

IP

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 10:22 pm 20 Feb 13

mareva said :

Ben_Dover said :

mareva said :

On the first page of this topic there is so much factual inaccuracy about why these kids were charged with aggravated burglary. A solid number of bullshit posts later, someone finally quotes the statutory provisions about aggravated burglary.

And the same people who get basic factual details so hideously wrong, are throwing around lofty opinions about how limp wristed and rubbish the system is.

Gasp, not every Riot Act member has an encyclopedic knowledge of the relevant statutes, ban them all from posting their views and opinions until they do. Otherwise, they may show emotion.

(Isn’t it funny how the lefty; “get in touch with your emotions” types are always anti-emotion if it’s shown by a person with a different viewpoint to theirs?)

mareva said :

Ben Dover – I am not a social worker, but that joke was truly hilarious. Oh wait no. It sucked.

No one expects those on the left to have a sense of humour.

Mate are you on the ganja. Left and right are political affiliations. I have not posted about my political affiliations. You sound paranoid as hell.

What frustrates me is when people attempt to make what is actually quite a sound argument, but they make it so stupidly that it totally undermines the argument and embarrasses me that I actually share, to some extent, their point of view. The difference is I do not make shit up to support my position.

And if you do not have knowledge on something, go right ahead and spout your opinion. But ain’t nobody listening, the moment you start getting some very basic sh*t wrong. So what’s the point even saying it. But look, go right ahead.

Ben_Dover Ben_Dover 10:01 pm 20 Feb 13

mareva said :

“But ain’t nobody listening”, said the person who has replied to, and quoted, my every post.

Now, here’s a trick, see if you can point out this; ” very basic sh*t[sic] which I have got “wrong”. Because, as far as I can see, I have only posted opinion and humour here.

In your own time….

mareva mareva 8:29 pm 20 Feb 13

Ben_Dover said :

mareva said :

mareva said :

No one expects those on the left to have a sense of humour.

Ben_Dover Ben_Dover 10:21 am 20 Feb 13

mareva said :

mareva said :

No one expects those on the left to have a sense of humour.

dpm dpm 7:51 am 20 Feb 13

IrishPete said :

How about if stepdad is beating you to sleep each night? Or your parents are both bombed out on Ice and you haven’t had a proper meal since last week? Would any of these kinds of things explain a child with poorly developed social skills, empathy, behaviour?
..IP

Yes, I know a hard upbringing means kids *have* to B&E houses and trash them. It’s nature, and thus no one should mind at all…. If you do mind, you’re shallow and have no empathy.

chewy14 chewy14 7:46 am 20 Feb 13

IrishPete said :

Ben_Dover said :

With recidivism so very high in Australia in general and the ACT in particular, it is difficult to see any substantial decrease in the crime rate, particularly among youth, when the underlying social and economical issues are skirted around, rather than addressed.

Which “underlying social and economical issues”?

How should they be addressed?

How would their being “addressed” prevent these scumbags from becoming even more scumbaggy?*

* if you actually believe that addressing these “issues” would prevent this, I have some homeopathic, organic, powdered unicorn hoof you may want to buy, guaranteed allergy free, cures everything, (apart from stupidity.)

I don’t expect everyone on Riot Act to be a Child Psychologist. However, if you can type, I kind of expect a basic level of intelligence. There are current threads about a pregnant prisoner, and about the Brendan Welsh subculture. Do you think that these people always raise well-adjusted children? Do you think that middle-class child sexual abusers raise well-adjusted children? That the off duty cop who beats his wife is a good dad? Or the crazy procrastinating and prevaricating judge? Now make up your own examples, fictional or not.

In fact, with the lack of understanding and humanity of many users on on Riot Act, I’m inclined to think that your parents or guardians didn’t raise well-adjusted children.

(P.s. sometimes you don’t need trolls, you just need intelligent comment, and the blogosphere foams…)

IP

I agree.

miz miz 7:41 am 20 Feb 13

Post 37, people. Read it.

I personally think an appropriate way to deal with these teens would be restorative justice, which makes perps face the victims around a table and see what pain they have caused (and possibly have to clean up the mess). Hopefully all parties will be strongly encouraged to do so.

IrishPete IrishPete 7:12 am 20 Feb 13

Ben_Dover said :

Which “underlying social and economical issues”?

How should they be addressed?

IP

IrishPete IrishPete 7:00 am 20 Feb 13

neanderthalsis said :

IrishPete said :

How_Canberran said :

Genie said :

I can’t see a single response to my suggestion that people put their hands up if they didn’t break the law when they were a teenager. You almost certainly did. I did. That crime had a victim. But now you are Holier Than Thou.

IP

I will admit to breaking the law as a teenager. However, drinking a flagon of fruity lexia in a park is a victimless crime (except for me when my folks found out), destroying someones hard earned possessions is not. At 13/14 you do know right from wrong, you do know that breaking into someones house and trashing it is against the law. If, at this age you don’t realise that these actions are reprehensible you probably should not be allowed out unsupervised.

Yes, key point – “should not be allowed out unsupervised”. Not all 13 year olds are the same, and if yours isn’t as mature as they should be, then you should be supervising them more closely. It’s called parental responsibility – don’t blame the child, consider blaming the parents.

IP

mareva mareva 10:50 pm 19 Feb 13

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

mareva said :

So much emotionally-charged ignorance in this thread. Thank the lord none of you are magistrates or judges.

Explain

Get a grip people. If you want anyone to take you seriously, do your damn homework before coming to the table with some big mouth opinion. Otherwise you do your own cause massive disfavours.

bundah bundah 10:37 pm 19 Feb 13

mareva said :

Oh come on there’d be quite a few rioters more than happy to put their hand up for that role,besides there’s a real shortage of hanging judges 🙂

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 9:33 pm 19 Feb 13

mareva said :

Explain

Ben_Dover Ben_Dover 8:47 pm 19 Feb 13

Indeed, we wouldn’t want any justice being meted out. Let’s give them a big hug instead. Oh, and let’s prioritise solving their underlying social and economical issues first.

Two social workers are walking down the road, when they see an elderly woman lying bleeding and battered in the road, she’s obviously been the victim of a savage beating. One social worker one turns to the other and says; “We must find out who did this, they need our help…”