From early beginnings as a niche marketing capability, live streaming has now evolved into a mainstream asset used the world over. Everyone from your local coffee shop through to multinational corporations are embracing the power of live streaming in droves. While the pandemic saw live streaming rise in popularity, it’s immense benefits are what drove it up the rank.
Touted as offering higher engagement, greater reach, and optimum return, the upsides are certainly promising. Yet as live streaming adoptions rates race up the bell curve, so too do the risks of poor execution. If you are a business owner, event manager, publicist, or marketer, you will know that first impressions count. Yet, when it comes to live streaming, there are no second chances.
While a skilled video journalist may execute a live stream with ease, others may find it more challenging. This where live streaming production services can help. As dedicated webcast specialists, they combine expertise with cutting edge broadcasting technology to capture and deliver events in real time.
These production teams are logistically skilled, laden with equipment, and masters of the cyber experience. Importantly, they know just how to seize the moment. Artfully constructing key messages frame-by-frame in a way that not only resonates; but has a lasting impact on audiences. Want to know more? Read on below.
What makes a great live streaming production service?
Great live streaming productions services combine seasoned expertise with top notch broadcasting equipment to create engaging live streamed content tailored to specific needs. The following criteria may help with evaluating potential production candidates:
- Industry insiders. While many production teams know how to make compelling video content, few are live streaming experts. Look for production teams with a sound knowledge of both production and streaming techniques, along with demonstrable experience in each. Ensure they are well versed at navigating event logistics, knowing how to capture moments that matter. Consider requesting examples of previous live productions, along with past client references. Importantly, understand how they troubleshoot issues and what plans would be in place in the event of a live stream mishap.
- Specialised services. Much like all production studios, live streaming teams tend to specialise in an area or two. Some may have an extensive corporate client portfolio covering conferences, award ceremonies, training sessions, and more. Others may delve into the lifestyle space specialising in music, fashion, art, food, and culture. Either way, consider your needs, your audience, and event type and filter your search accordingly. Often, the most well-suited team will specialise in just what you need.
- Fully equipped. The best live stream production studios have all the equipment needed for end-to-end servicing. The typically boast well-staffed crews, state of the art streaming equipment, comprehensive services, and the latest in-stream technology. Equally, consider the studio’s depth when it comes to overall production capability. Finally, look for full-service teams who can plan, execute, and deliver all elements from start to finish.
- Flexible packages. Great live streamed video content need not cost the earth. The best production studios will know exactly how to bundle all the essential services and deliver maximum value for clients. Look for affordable, flexible, and scalable packages that are tailored to suit need. Additionally, consider the number of camera operators needed, filming duration, sound, lighting, distribution, and any extras. Furthermore, review finer details including usage rights, footage ownership, and how files are shared post shoot.
- Consummate professionals. The finest live streaming production teams operate at the highest standards from the first phone call through to the last goodbye. These services have a reputation of excellence and their character shows. Look for immaculate presentation, punctuality, clear communication, and responsiveness. Ultimately these conscientious teams draw out all stops to deliver for their clients.
The best live streaming video production services in Canberra
Riotact’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on Riotact and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
The Streaming Guys provide professional grade streaming productions and equipment to clients across Australia and the globe. Located in nearby Wagga, The Streaming Guys have built an impeccable industry wide reputation of excellence.
As one of the only turnkey live streaming providers offering live video production, website hosting, along with development and embed codes, they stand head and shoulders above the rest. Add to this their comprehensive retail division and they truly are a one-stop shop for all live streaming needs.
In fact, The Streaming Guys have dedicated a decade to learning, uncovering the best in breed tech solutions in the market. Using this insight, they have curated a high performing selection of tried and tested live stream equipment. Their aim is simple, to streaming the search for quality live streaming and webcast gear.
Their extensive product range is home to many well-known brands including Teradek, Blackmagic Design and more. Featuring a host streaming kits, bonded streaming items, converters, encoders, and transmitters, there is a solution for every need.
Having worked with some of the biggest names in the country, The Streaming Guys have live streamed thousands of hours conferences, panel discussions, news, funerals and community events. Their production arm is all about delivering stress-free professional broadcasts. From a single camera broadcast to complex multi-camera productions, The Streaming Guys production services help clients go live with ease.
Whether you are looking for equipment to facilitate your own live streamed event or commission the services to do so, The Streaming Guys have a solution that works. For world-class crystal clear live streaming solutions, look no further than the The Streaming Guys.
Charles Wannop shared this review on Facebook, “Lots of people sell streaming gear… but it’s nice to deal with an organisation that has actually used what they sell and aren’t afraid to give an honest opinion. Grant and the team are great communicators with plenty of pre-sales advice and super fast delivery once an order is placed.”
Live stream specialists, Go Live, bring over twelve years industry experience, a wealth of knowledge and a long list of comprehensive services to the table.
Go Live’s live streaming capabilities include message integration, instream advertisements, multistreaming, and even stream monetisation via payment gateways.
From single camera live streams through to large scale productions their team of technicians, video operators and event managers have what it takes to bring a vision to life.
Emma Plummer had this to say on Google, “Highly recommend Go Live for online streaming. They were incredibly professional and efficient - plus they were lovely and easy to work with. Thank you Go Live!”
ACT based, Stream Canberra, offers a range of live streaming services for both individuals and businesses. With years of experience and dedicated studios, they deliver professionally streamed videos for all manner of events.
Boasting a team of full trained camera technicians and film crew, they pride themselves on their exemplary service and professional demeanour. Covering conferences, events, sports, weddings, and funerals, they are a great choice.
As a Canberra based enterprise, Events Canberra specialises in live streaming, video production, and photography. As a full-service operation, they manage all aspects for clients, from development, production, post-production, and delivery.
Catering to corporate and private clientele, Events Canberra cover events, conferences, musical shows, weddings, and funerals. Their live streaming packages offer tiered service levels to suit varied needs and budgets.
As Rasika Perera says on Google, “Events Canberra, your work on our show 'Desmond with FRIENDS live in concert' was absolutely wonderful. It was fascinating to see how well you covered the event and broadcast live in both FB and YouTube. I highly recommend Events Canberra for anyone who wants to add value to their effort.”
With over ten years in business, Newcast Studios are a Canberra based video production company that specialises in creating online video solutions. Specialised services include live streaming, web accessibility production, video production, development, and delivery.
When it comes to live streaming, Newcast Studios offer a range of additional services to lift engagement including live Q&A, audience polls, and even pay per view options. This full-service studio is an excellent choice.
Nicole Campbell shared this review on Google, “…. They are a very creative, talented team of people who go above and beyond to produce material that meets, and exceeds, the expectations of their clients. I have no hesitation in recommending Newcast Studios.”
Your experience with live streaming production services in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the live streaming production services listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is live streaming?
Live streaming is a digital capability which refers to the online streaming of media, such as video, that has been simultaneously recorded and broadcasted in real time. Live streaming differs to conventional broadcasting whereby media is recorded first then relayed to an audience afterward.
What equipment is needed for live streaming?
Live streaming can be captured and delivered at a basic level with a mobile phone, tripod, and internet access, or at a professional level using multiple video cameras, tripods, video encoders, audio mixers, graphics software, and portable Wi-Fi devices. Additional aspects like lighting can also enhance live streaming quality. For assistance consult your local live streaming production service.
Can you live stream to multiple platforms?
Yes, livestreaming is possible across multiple platforms. This process, otherwise known as simulcasting, allows media to be concurrently streamed to numerous platforms or destinations. Simulcasting can add complexity, however your local livestream production service can help.
How much do professional live streaming production services cost?
The costs for hiring a professional live streaming production company are ultimately dependent on need. Costs could be anywhere from a couple of hundred dollars per hour for a video or mobile journalist to upwards of $2,000 to $5,000 for a reliable option. Contributing factors influencing costs can include things like duration, set up time, number of operators, equipment, streaming capabilities, and more. Many production teams offer a range of competitive packages for their most popular services, so be sure to contact each to find out more.
How can I use live streaming for my business?
Commercial applications for livestreaming are vast as they are wide, each offering a multitude of benefits for businesses. Some common applications include distributing events to accessible platforms worldwide. Typical events include conferences, launches, and training, along with interviews and awards.