Andrew Barr has shared with the world his highlights from Ernst & Young’s evaluation report of the 2011 Floriade:
• a record $30 million into the ACT economy from interstate and international visitors during their stay – this is an increase of more than $3 million on last year’s results;
• On the Labour Day public holiday over 34,400 people walked through Floriade, beating our 2001 record day attendance by a few hundred up from just over 34,000;
• the second highest overall attendance figure since the introduction of turnstiles in 1999 – 412,024;
• an average of 3.1 nights stay by interstate and international visitors compared with 2.5 nights in 2010;
• a total of 126,957 unique interstate or international visitors who came to Canberra specifically to attend Floriade or extended their stay because of it;
• 97.8 per cent of attendees surveyed were ‘very satisfied’ or ‘somewhat satisfied’ with the event – up from 97.6 per cent in 2010;
• 22,603 total attendance for the rain affected Floriade NightFest – down on the 2010 attendance due to poor weather; and
• 89 per cent of NightFest attendees surveyed were ‘very satisfied’ or ‘somewhat satisfied’ with the event – up from 78 per cent in 2010.
The full report is available online
[Photo from our Hexacopter journey through Floriade this year.