The Canberra Centre has been evacuated due to smoke in Coles and surrounding areas and one patient is being treated by ACT Ambulance for smoke inhalation.
ACT Fire & Rescue responded to reports of smoke inside a supermarket in the Canberra Centre, Civic around 7:30 this morning.
ACT Fire and Rescue crews have determined that the smoke was from an electrical room and are isolating the power and are currently ventilating the area and conducting air monitoring.
The patient is believed to be a staff member of Coles Canberra Centre.
Three pumpers, an aerial fire-fighting appliance, a breathing apparatus support vehicle, a hazmat appliance, two Commanders and a Superintendent are on the scene.
ACT Ambulance and ACT Policing are on the scene.
Petrie Street remains closed at this time.
Update to follow.