The RSPCA is has put out a media release warning that dog poisoners are on the loose in Evatt.
- We have heard about the tragedy one family has suffered and are seeking information to assist with our investigations.
A resident in Sheehy Street has lost one family dog and has had two others admitted to a local vet clinic, one is still critical. We believe these dogs have been deliberately poisoned using common rat poison.
A four month old St Bernard was found dead on Saturday morning. On Tuesday morning a second dog started bleeding from the nose and yesterday a third dog was admitted to the vet hospital.
“This is a disgusting and cowardly act of cruelty” Michael said. “I like to think we live in a society where we get on with our neighbours , but sadly for the residents of Sheehy Street in Evatt this is not the case. We are aware families in this street own a number of dogs and we are asking people to be vigilant.
While sadly not a new thing, we can only hope they catch the buggers this time.