Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Daily flights from Canberra
to Singapore and the world

Electric blanket starts blaze inside Holder apartment

By Lachlan Roberts 11 September 2018 0

ACT Fire and Rescue has urged the community to only keep bedding on top of active electric blankets. Photos: Supplied by ACT ESA.

An electric blanket has started a fire inside a Holder apartment, causing the residents to evacuate on Monday night (10 September).

Just after 8:30 pm, emergency services received a 000-call of a fire at the Stromlo Gardens unit complex on Hyndes Crescent, Holder.

ACT Emergency Services Agency said the fire was caused by an electric blanket and was contained in one room. Residents evacuated the building after calling 000.

ACT Fire and Rescue sent three pumpers, a breathing apparatus unit, a hazmat unit, an aerial appliance and a commander to the scene.

They urge the community to only keep bedding on top of active electric blankets and to avoid leaving electric blankets unattended.


What’s Your opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2018 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site