ACT Fire & Rescue is responding with multiple units to Belconnen Mall following reports of a fire.
All levels of the centre are currently being evacuated.
Update to follow.
10:55am Sunday 9 September 2012
Firefighters have located the smoke and the presence of an electrical smell on level two of Belconnen Mall.
There has been no sign of any fire at this time.
Fire crews are continuing to investigate.
11:08am Sunday 9 September 2012
Several ACT Fire & Rescue crews are continuing to search for the source of the smoke on level two.
Still no sign of fire found at this time.
11:26am Sunday 9 September 2012
Staff and customers have been allowed back inside levels one and three of the centre.
No fire has been located.
ACT Fire & Rescue crews are working with Belconnen Mall staff to check all electrical and mechanical equipment that may have caused the smoke.
11:47am Sunday 9 September 2012
All of Belconnen Mall has now been clear for people to return inside.
Firefighters have located the cause of the smoke. It was generated by an overheating motor in a plant room.
12:11pm Sunday 9 September 2012
[Courtesy ESA, if you have photographs please email them in to firstname.lastname@example.org ]