Red Hill fire

johnboy 10 December 2013

ACT Fire & Rescue are conducting atmospheric monitoring and ventilation operations at a two story unit in Red Hill following a kitchen fire this morning.

Three pumpers, Hazardous Materials Unit, Breathing Apparatus van and a Commander responded to the incident.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly with minimal damage to the kitchen.

The cause was deemed to be food stuff unattended on the hot plates.

The two story unit was significantly smoke logged.

No one was home at the time, crews were alerted by an Emergency Triple Zero (000) call made at 10:21am.

10:47 AM

ACT Fire & Rescue crews will shortly leave the scene of the two storey unit on Red Hill having completed atmospheric testing.

Firefighters forced entry to the Discovery Street home this morning after food stuff unattended on hotplates started a fire in the kitchen.

11:08 AM

[Courtesy ESA]

What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site