Having electrical issues? Need a qualified electrician in Canberra? You’ve come to the right place.
Electrical work is no joke. It takes years of training and on-site experience to be able to carry out electrical work safety and efficiently. Poorly executed electrical work could put your home – and family – at risk.
Whether you need your home re-wired, lighting installed, or smoke alarms fitted, you need an electrician that is familiar with both electrical protocols and the most recent safety standards.
So, how do you find the best electricians in Canberra? You look right here.
We’ve put together a list of the top electricians in Canberra. Have a read through, do a bit of research, and start requesting a couple of quotes. When the work is done, be sure to leave your experience in the comments section down below.
Sound good? Great. Let’s get started.
What Makes a Great Electrician?
You home or commercial property is a huge investment. The last thing you want is some unqualified, inexperienced electrician poking around causing all sorts of expensive – not to mention dangerous – electrical issues.
Instead, you want the best electrician in Canberra. But, what does that entail?
Here are a few traits we believe all the best Canberra electricians must have:
- Relevant qualifications and licenses. In the ACT, all electrical contractors must be licensed. This give you the peace of mind that your electrician has the experience and training necessary to undertake both straightforward and complex electrical work.
- Knowledgeable. The best electricians know the ins and outs of the trade. From re-wiring to repairing light fixtures to electrical emergencies and everything in between, they should be confident in their expertise.
- Reliable. The best electricians turn up on time, every time. They don’t leave you waiting around for hours and hours. They arrive when they say they will, work promptly, and never overstay their welcome.
- Transparent. When obtaining a quote from an electrician, make sure everything has been accounted for. The best electricians are transparent in their payment structures, so you don’t end up with any nasty surprises when the job is done.
- Respectful. When you hire an electrician, chances are you’ll be inviting them into your home or office space. They should treat your space – and you – with the respect it deserves. That means cleaning up when they are done, too.
The Best Electricians in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Here are our picks for the best electricians in Canberra.
With two fully-qualified, licensed electricians on staff, Harrison’s Electrical Canberra can install, repair, and maintain the electrics in your home or commercial space.
Harrison’s Electrical guarantees superior customer service, and will always turn up on time to provide outstanding workmanship. Your safety is their number one concern, and they’ll do everything possible to keep your home in working order for as long as possible.
Family-owned and operated, JM Electrical Solutions offers 24-hour, 7-days electrical services to the Canberra region. In addition to their electrical services, their expert team offers air-conditioner supply and installation.
With no hidden fees, a friendly attitude, and years of experience, you can rest easy knowing JM Electrical Solutions will keep your home – and family – safe from electrical damage.
Sparks Fly Electrical is a popular electrical services company that services happy customers in the Canberra region. The passionate team is committed to getting to know each and every client, their needs and desires, and working closely to help them achieve their vision.
Sparks Fly Electrical offers electrical services for both residential and commercial premises, and will happily take on jobs as simple as power point installations, and as complex as an entirely new lighting system.
They pride themselves on their personal customer service and high-quality, professionally executed electrical work. What’s more, they claim to be great value!
Mark Rawstorn is an experienced electrician providing electrical installation, maintenance, and repair to both homes and commercial spaces. Mark always strives to develop professional, friendly relationships with his clients, and provide them with top-quality electrical services.
Mark only uses brands such as Clipsal and HPM for new electrical equipment. Although these aren’t always the cheapest option, they are the best quality, and will continue functioning properly for years – rather than months.
Mark Rawstorn Electrical operates five days a week, plus Saturday by appointment, and on Sunday in emergency situations.
Your Experience with Electricians in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Are you loyal to one electrician in particular? Or have you had nothing but bad experiences?
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve had any experiences with electricians in the Canberra region.